Chapter 16: Confident

Poseidon's face went slack at hearing the news about Estelle, silently feeling guilty since he promised Sally to protect her. He took a shaky breath and walked to Vega, who also appeared taken aback and angry.

"Vega calm down, I'm sure Apollo can cure her. Apollo can cure anybody." He sounded like he was trying to convince himself.

Vega stopped angry tears and tried to calm himself so he doesn't call attention to himself. "Just go, dad. She needs you there," Vega whispered.

Poseidon hesitantly nodded and disappeared. Vega coughed harshly, flinching when he realized blood came up. He was getting anxiety because Poseidon had left.

Vega took off the oxygen mask and quickly spit the blood out before putting it back on. Jason laid on the ground, breathing heavily from the beatings from Poseidon and Beckendorf.

Luke nudged Vega lightly and smiled tiredly. "We should go rest up. You're in no condition to be around people right now. We can stop by the infirmary to check on Estelle if you want."

Vega nodded softly and pet Luna, who was in baby Phoenix form on his lap. Luke wheeled Vega to the infirmary after ordering everyone else to go to their cabin to prevent further fighting because knowing them, a full on war would occur.

When they reached the infirmary, Luke gasped at Estelle's condition. There was blood and deep cuts on her already frail body. Vega winced, but before he could move, Luke held him down on his wheelchair.

"Don't you dare get up. Don't touch that IV and mask, you hear? You can't die now." Luke warned Vega.

Vega rolled his eyes fondly. He wheeled himself over to Estelle and gasped at how bad she was. Poseidon hugger Vega in despair. Apollo was missing somehow an couldn't hear Poseidon calling out for him. Estelle gasped for air, gripping Poseidon's hands. Luke looked at Vega sadly, knowing he couldn't show affection towards Estelle without being suspicious so Luke just suggested going to the cabin. Vega agreed and whispered to Luna before she flew next to Estelle and cuddled up next to her.

Luke smiled sadly. "Where's Apollo?"

Poseidon shook with anger and tried to calm down. "He's not responding. If he's the cause of her death, I'm beating the Sh-"

Estelle giggled weakly and gripped Poseidon's hand. Apparently they had a strong bond as well. Vega was deathly scared of Estelle not making it so he took out his monster proof phone and dialed Castor.

He spoke in French, "Castor I know you learned medicine from that ancient medicine god. Please come and heal my sister, she's not gonna make it if Apollo doesn't get here and he's not answering."

There was conversation on the other side of the phone and Vega looked more at ease. He thanked him and slumped down on the wheelchair, putting his mask back on and taking greedy breaths of air.

He looked at Estelle with sad eyes. Luke sighed and wheeled Vega outside of the infirmary, ignoring his protests. Luke had every intention of forcing Vega to go to sleep but his baby seal eyes made him relent and let him stay outside in the sun for a few more minutes. After they went into the Night Cabin they went straight to their rooms to rest.

                           *********************

It was dark out as a shadowy figure approached the Night Cabin and maneuvered towards the biggest window, assuming that's where Vega resided. The figure was hunched over and grunting in pain with every step they took.

Finally they reached the window, already knowing that the front door would be locked. The Night Crew never expected someone to be that daring, so they never took precautions and locked the windows.

The ugly figure opened the window easily and slipped in. They tiptoed to the bed, holding a small flashlight. Vega's eyes snapped open but it was too late and he was already weak. The figure knocked out Vega by hitting his head with a glass bottle, making his head bleed violently. They threw Vega over their shoulder and brought the air tank with him then slipped into the night.

The figure stuffed Vega into a car and drove away as quickly as possible.

**********************

Vega woke up with a huge headache. When he tried to get up, he felt restraints hold him back and when he tried to blow them off, he realized they were made of Celestial Bronze. He cursed as he realized that he was screwed.

"Well, well, well.  Look who's up."

Vega looked over and groaned when he saw Jason. "What do you want, Jason? You're the one who started all this bullish!t. Don't stoop so low, oh wait you already did ever since years ago."

Jason growled and ripped off Vega's oxygen mask along with his mouth mask.
"I fu(king knew it. Percy Jackson."

"Actually, it's Vega. Percy has been dead for years when he was banished."

Jason scoffed. "You're actually at fault here, you know? You were the cause of so many deaths that day by telling them to ignore my orders."

Vega looked away, silently agreeing. "It's also your fault. You turned my girlfriend against me and you were working on turning the whole camp against me. And now you've abducted me."

Jason cackled. "What do you expect? You embarrassed me in front of the whole camp by getting your daddy and your whores to beat me up."

"So what? You tried to kill me and unmask me. You're gonna tell the camp who I am, right? The worst you can do is kill me."

"Nope. If I told the camp they would welcome you. Especially Annabeth, you know? That b!tch will come running back to you as soon as she sees you," He growled.

He continued, "and Perce, I can do much worse than killing you. Much much worse that you'll want to be dead."

Jason dragged a big box out of the closet near the door and what was inside made Vega's blood freeze.

HEY LOVEEEEEE!!!

Sorry for leaving you guys hanging. I know I take a while to update 🥺🥺 waoooo thank you for 11k reads! Last time I checked it was at 3k. Please follow me and vote on the chapters if it's not too much trouble. Credit to Sisterandbrotherchan for scene ideas! Stay healthy and safe!💜💜💜