Chapter 13: Let Go

Vega put his mask back on, taking violent breaths. He had a breathing attack, the normal air choking him. Poseidon patted his back with a frown while Hades stared at him with concern. Nico had his mask off since he could tolerate the air better than Vega. Vega had tears rolling down his cheeks from all the coughing and wheezing, his hands gripping his neck in desperation. He narrowed his eyes in annoyance.

"Aish, these stupid masks." He coughed.

He used the Tartarus air oxygen tube instead, the air helping him a bit better.

"You gotta take it easy, Vega. It's been a while since you last breathed this air. I think we should head to camp and give instructions to the campers." Nico sighed.

Poseidon's eyes widened. "Camp? Are you sure? And the gods approved?!"

"Yeah, they have no choice. Without Nyx, they're screwed. Plus, I'm not planning on revealing myself. I'll let them figure it out on their own." Vega said quietly.

Poseidon nodded. "I don't doubt that they'll figure it out quickly, since your mask leaves your eyes exposed. Everybody knows the eyes of the one they killed."

"Yeah, but I'm not really worried about it. They can try to kill me for all I care. There's no way I'll ever forgive them even if they are sorry. Which I doubt, may I add. Whatever, let's just go and get it over with. I have to l-leave, dad." Vega rambled, shaking when mentioning leaving his father.

"No way. I'm going with you, Per- Vega. I'm not letting you get away from me that easily." He said sternly.

Vega trembled and hugged his dad. "I love you so much, dad. But they'll know for sure if I cling to you."

"Then we won't be so close in public. I just can't let you go again, son." Poseidon gripped Vega's arm.

"Okay. Let's go, dad. You coming, Uncle Hades?"

"Yes, of course. I have to catch up with Nico and you. Let's shadow travel."

"I'll catch up, I need to go with my team. Plus, I can Night Skip." Vega declined the offer.

"Night Skip?" Hades asked in amazement.

"Yeah, it's the same thing as shadow traveling except we can only do it in the dark."

Hades scoffed, obviously envious. "I heard of it. Apparently it's really powerful and fast. Lucky boy."

"Alright dad, that's enough. Let's go." Nico whined.

"No, no no no. Show me this night skip." He insisted.

Vega sighed dramatically and finally agreed. He touched Hades with one finger and just like that, Hades was gone.

"Damn Vega. Where you send him?" Nico laughed.

"Camp. Bye, Nico I'll meet you there." Vega did the same to Nico.

"You little sh-" he said before he was gone.

"Let's go, dad. The team is waiting by the shore." Vega held on to his dad and flashed to the Coney Island shore.

"Hey team!" Vega shouted happily, his voice a bit muffled from the mask.

"Ayeeee Vega!!" Lucifer shouted. He jumped on Vega, hugging him and wrapping his legs around Vega's waist.

Vega wrapped his arms around Luke, chuckling. "Missed me that much?"

"Dude you know we're almost never apart for long."

"Hahaha it's only been like an hour."

"I love you." He mumbled.

Vega laughed. "Love you too, bro."