Chapter 7- Love and Sorrow

Percy looked up from his sunglasses, acting cool. His eyes narrowed when he saw Will holding Nico's hand.

He stood up and walked past them, walking in between them and breaking them apart. Nico stuttered out a sentence for Percy.

"W-wait! Percy, please listen."

Will snicker quietly and coughed to cover it up when Nico glared at him.

"No! You said I wasn't your type! Do you know how much that hurt?!"

Nico looked away. Percy looked away. Will burst out laughing.

"Percy! Don't play like that! We all know you don't care!" Will laughed.

Percy grinned widely, shocking Nico. Nico sulked after slapping Percy on his arm. "Jerk." He mumbled.

Then Percy excitedly squealed. "Pernico! Erm...I mean, Solangelo!! My ship has totally sailed!"

Will and Nico shrugged and walked away from Percy, as they figured that Percy had accepted them.

Percy sat down on the cool grass, and eventually laid down. He watched the clouds in peace until he felt someone lay down next to him.

"Hi."

Percy looked at the person.

He looked back up. "Rachel."

Rachel hummed and watched the clouds as well. "We should go up there someday. See them up close."

"Nah. I'm afraid of flying. Uncle Zeus will strike me down. It's pretty from down here."

Rachel nodded slowly, thought circling in her mind.

Percy sat up, Rachel doing the same.

"Ever wonder why life is so hard? Why we couldn't just be normal?" Percy muttered.

"I actually haven't. Well, for myself anyway. For you, I have. You have been through so much crap ever since you were a freaking middle schooler. I, myself, enjoy being an Oracle but it can be a pain sometimes."

Percy nodded. "I wonder if I can ever find someone to trust as much as I did Annabeth. Heck, we went through Tartarus together." He stopped himself from tearing up.

"Maybe I'm just going to be another hero that dies tragically in the end. We're all puppets anyway, you know? Controlled by the gods. I think I made a big mistake." Percy sighed.

Rachel yawned. "What is it?"

"I told the campers to not listen to Jason's orders. We both know he's in charge when I'm not in camp. Maybe I should call them by Iris Message and tell them to forget it. Something bad could've happened."

Rachel nodded, pulling out a drachma. They formed a connection and stared at the mist. Travis was on the other line. He looked very troubled and tired.

"We followed your orders, Percy. We didn't listen to him. But we have a problem."

Percy paled and motioned for him to continue.

"Many campers have been wounded. We didn't follow a single order from Jason, so we got a bit injured. The worst part is that a few have been killed and the rest of the campers except for Connor and I have lost it. They want to send you away, Perce."

"To where?" Percy asked.

"To Tartarus."

Short chapter today but I'm so tired🥺 :( Thank you for the reads, votes, and comments!)