Chapter 15: Fighting!

Hey love,
I want to give credit to Sisterandbrotherchan for helping me come up with ideas and scenes for this book. They came up with multiple scenes and interactions in the book. A scene in this chapter was planned by Sisterandbrotherchan so please show them some love by reading their books and following them❤️

-Your Moonchild

Luna's blue eyes crackled with electricity-like power. Her wings grew bigger, and her fangs appeared.

Vega's eyes had sea green flames dancing in them, and darkness surrounded him. He lunged towards the beast, his momentum from the overwhelming power knocking the beast down. Luna assisted Vega by flying towards the beast and holding him down with ropes of lightning.

Pitch black water surrounded Vega, then he willed the water to attack the beast. He sent a wave inside the beast in order to retrieve Estelle. Luna screamed in pain as the beast broke through one of the ropes. Every time a lightning rope breaks, it physically and mentally hurts her.

Vega grinned and he struggled to get Estelle out. She fought against the dark wave, making Vega's job more difficult than what it should've been. Finally, Vega got Estelle out safely and quickly. Luna attempted to elevate the beast into the air but her powers were still pretty weak since she never used them. Estelle laid down on the grass, in pain and shock. She had nasty cuts from when the beast's teeth grazed her.

Vega helped Luna by willing water to move the beast up, where Luna will defeat it completely. Luna did her hand motions rapidly and the beast melted as if it was touched by acid. Estelle was being helped by Thalia and Rachel, while people like Annabeth and Jason acted like cowards and just watched the whole thing.

Estelle breathed raggedly, taking a puff or two out of her inhaler. She was using a machine to assist her, it looked like a life machine. Vega started dumbly, afraid of what to think. Why was Estelle so fragile? Was she okay? Was it his fault somehow? Maybe while he visited Paul and sally years ago he attracted the monsters to her and hurt her. Vega immediately felt guilt and regret.

He rushed towards Estelle as quickly and calmly as possible, trying to keep his cool. He did not want people to suspect him. He knelt by her and gently tapped her head. She looked up, her eyes filled with scared tears. Vega smiled gently.

"What happened to you?" He bluntly asked.

"Ah. The life support? When I was born, I was blessed by Poseidon. He wanted me to be able to protect myself from monsters but it would also attract some monsters. It backfired when my half brother Percy Jackson got too close to me and led the monsters to me accidentally. I was attacked by titans just because I was related to Percy and they popped holes in my lungs. I don't blame Percy one bit though. I wish I could've met him, he sounds so heroic except for the end when he told campers to ignore Luke, which led to the death of many campers. Apparently he works for the giants, titans, and Kronos. All I remember is seeing his beautiful eyes and warm smile once." She took a deep breath, exhausted.

Vega felt so guilty. It was his fault after all. He flinched when his dad clung to him and Estelle, not expecting that.

"Yah!! Be more careful! You could've been badly hurt. You're lucky that you have such convenient powers." Poseidon raised his eyebrow, questioning him.

Vega dismissed the concern by waving his hand. "Anyways I-"

Suddenly, his gas mask was pulled away from his face by a strong gust of wing. He tried reaching for it but it flew away rapidly. He growled, starting to get up but then he felt all the air choke him. He saw Jason standing there, a triumphant smirk on his face. Thankfully, Vega had a mouth mask on so nobody could see his face. Vega couldn't breathe and the Night crew were panicking. Jason was about to take his mouth mask off too but before he could, Charles Beckendorf tackles him into the ground. Poseidon made a huge water bubble around Vega, allowing his breathing to be easier. Vega still struggled to breathe, but was better. Luke snapped out of his angered shock.

"Poseidon, please stay here while I go fetch a Tartarus air tank and an IV." Poseidon nodded after Luke was finished speaking.

Poseidon stayed where he was, because he wanted to make sure that Vega could breathe easier until Luke got back.

"YOURE LUCKY IM HELPING VEGA, BECAUSE RIGHT NOW IF I WAS FREE THEN YOU WOULD BE DEAD BY NOW!!!!!" Poseidon screamed with a voice so loud that it could be heard outside of camp. Jason shivered with fear. Everyone could see the desperation in his eyes, making everyone confused as to why he was so worried about Vega.

Vega opened his eyes weakly, feeling like he was dying. His throat burned and itched. He watched Luke run back, wheeling a wheelchair. On the wheelchair it had an IV and a oxygen tank.  Luke attached the oxygen mask on Vega's face and carefully injected the IV in his arm. The IV fluid was water from one of the lakes from Tartarus.

Vega took deep breaths from the mask, greedily gulping a lot of air. Vega started giggling when he saw that Poseidon was on top of Jason, Jason's face swollen and bloody.

Luke sat on the grass next to Vega's wheelchair. Vega yawned.

"I'm tired, Lukey." His voice was muffled because of the mask. Luke smiled sadly.

"Let's go to the cabin then. Beckendorf took Estelle to the infirmary right after he finished beating Jason's ass. You'll be fine. We'll be fine." Luke spoke as if he was trying to convince himself.

Vega nodded, watching Poseidon scream and taunt Jason. 

Then he heard screams before somebody came running, her face panicked.

"It's Estelle. Poseidon sir? She won't make it until morning. I'm so sorry."

Hey lovelies!!! I'm so sorry for not updating as often as I used to. School and work been crazy. Feel free too point out any spelling mistakes. Sorry for posting so late. I know I promised that I would update on Saturday but it's actually 2AM on Sunday morning. Feel free to DM me with scenes or ideas that you would like to see and I'll consider them seriously.

-Moonchild