Chapter 21

It was Estelle, in her wheelchair, hooked up to a life support machine.

"You...you're Percy Jackson?" She asked, disbelief evident in her voice.

"Yep." Percy coughed out, still weak. Luke was still carrying him since he couldn't walk. "I have no regrets."

"You're the boy who caused me to be hooked up to life support, who left me alone, who betrayed camp? Who killed my parents?"

Percy flinched. "That's me."

Luke stared at him in disbelief. "No. NO! THATS NOT HIM!" He yelled.

He set Percy on the ground gently. "THIS MAN RIGHT HERE SAVED YOUR SORRY ASSES WHEN YOU MOST NEEDED IT! THIS MAN DIDNT KILL SALLY AND PAUL. He didn't. I swear. He didn't betray camp. He would never do that. His fatal flaw is loyalty, he can't. And you should stand up for yourself, Perce. They can't have this idea of you."

Estelle looked startled and shocked. "W-what?"
She looked at Annabeth, betrayal in her eyes. "He's not a traitor?"

"Of course not," she spat. "He was always Mr. Save the world. He didn't kill your parents. Jason did. The only thing he did was tell the camp to ignore Jason's orders and got one camper killed. ONE."

"Shut the fuck up, Annabitch. You're lying. You were the one who did all of this. Don't get me involved." Jason growled.

"And I regretted listening to Jason," she continued, ignoring Jason.  "I loved Percy and I still do. But now you messed with my head and I'm crazy." They started arguing and trying to hit each other as much as they could being tied up.

"I knew it...I knew Percy wouldn't do such a thing." Clarisse spoke up, surprising everyone.

"He may be an idiot, but his loyalty is the strongest thing about him."

Jason scoffed. "Annabeth said so herself. She's crazy, she's making all of this up."

"We'll see about that. We have to interrogate you guys," Chiron said shakily. He avoided eye contact with Percy, who didn't really seem to care.

In the end, Chiron had betrayed Percy as well and nothing could change that. Percy will never forget all of the betrayals experienced but he also won't forget his new life.

Percy was on the ground, fiddling with the grass. His eyes were soft, almost as if the world around him didn't exist, and the only thing that did exist was him and the grass.

Luke stared at him, sighing. "He's in the zone. He gets like this when the emotions are too strong in him."

There were loud noises, disrupting the moment. Everyone looked at the source and were met with the Roman camp marching towards them. At first, everything was grim but then they saw Percy.

"IT REALLY IS HIM!!!"

"PERCYYYY YOURE BACK!"

"He even saved Reyna from that awful man!"

Percy looked up, his sea green eyes wide. He smiled softly, before bringing his attention back to the grass.

Luke hadn't realized how broken Percy was after all these years.

But he had finally gone back to his old persona, Percy Jackson, instead of Vega Loire. And it was hurting him.

It was driving him insane, slowly but surely.