Chapter 11- Strangers

Vega panicked, speaking without thinking. "Nah, cuz. My name is Vega. Hold up, you know Perseus Jackson?"

Nico slumped down, his shoulders small. "Yeah. I thought you were him for a second. How do you know him?"

"Uhh we were friends. When he fell into Tartarus, I caught him haha. Then we wandered together since at the time I had run away from home. Then he disappeared one day without a trace. End of story." Vega said, still shaken up.

"Oh." Nico looked away, his face held no hope. "That's why we were here. I asked the gods to bring Percy back but they refused. Then Jason got mad at me for even thinking about him and found a way for both me and Will to appear in Tartarus."

"Why Will?"

"Because he's my boyfriend and he stood up for me. It's all my fault. While we were down here, we figured we would look for you. It's been a few months."

Vega was shook. Months? That's way too long for a mortal.

"How are you still alive?!" Vega blurted.

"Because I'm the son of hades and we're both immortal. It helped us a bit. The extra strength, you know?"

The House of Night was within view, eerily standing there in the dark. Vega felt Nico shudder.

"...huh?! Neeks??" Will shrieked.

"I'm here, sunshine. You're fine. We'll be fine." Nico soothed.

Vega let Will crawl back to sit with Nico. He tried helping Will by guiding him by his waist but Nico growled quietly so Vega grabbed his shoulders instead.

There was a blush on Will's face, flustered at Nico's action. "I'm s-scared, Neeks." He whispered.

"We're gonna be fine, I promise. He's taking us to the House of Night."

"How do you know that I'm not a bad guy and secretly taking you there to torture you and kill you?" Vega snickered quietly.

Nico sat up straight, slightly uncomfortable. "I don't know. But I'll take that chance, it's better than out there. Plus, I trust you for some reason. I really do."

Vega smiled. "Okay."

Luna landed smoothly, nuzzling Vega when he pet her. He smiled softly, creating a black flame on his palm and feeding it to her. She purred, then flew away after pecking Vega.

"What is she?" Nico asked.

"She's a Night Phoenix. One of the last. Anyway, let's go in. Our family will be happy to meet you, son of Hades."

"My name is Nico. Nico Di Angelo." He said.

"Well, nice to meet you, Nico. I am Vega Loire, Son of Nyx."

"Any meaning behind your names? They're pretty unique." Will asked quietly.

"Well, Vega means brightest star and Loire is a river in France." He explained.

"So are you French or something? That's fancy."

"Nah, Nyx just loves France so that's what she named me."

"What do you mean? Isn't that your father's last name?" Will asked.

"Nope. I haven't seen my father in years so Nyx just gave me a name. She wanted to name me Vega Nyx but she thought it was too much, thankfully. I do speak French though."

Vega turned the corner and guided them inside a room, where the others usually hung out. Today, the only person in there was Octavian.

"Hey, Teddy man. Murder any teddies today?"