Chapter 9- Reality

A Year Later
Annabeth sat by the beach on the sand, quietly thinking.

It's been a while since she's seen Angel or Adrien ever since they left Camp after the Percy trial. Angel was so enraged that someone would be so ignorant and said something about trying the other side.

The water from the beach was dark and murky, and no animals inhabited the waters. They just couldn't survive, since it was toxic. Poseidon hasn't shown up in Olympus for the last seventeen years out of pure heartbreak.
There was still a war between the two camps and a Cold War between Poseidon and Zeus. Poseidon had Hestia, Artermis, Hephaestus, Aphrodite and Hades. Zeus had Hera, Ares, Athena, Dionysus, and Apollo.

Annabeth was thinking about all her mistakes, and how she was being so idiotic. Suddenly, she felt someone sit next to her.

Estelle smiled at her, her brown eyes sad. She brushed her brown hair behind her ear, taking a deep breath.

"Why do things have be this way? I've never even met Poseidon or Percy but they both sound so nice."

"...Stella. Don't talk about Perseus. Please."

"WHY NOT? He's my brother isn't he?! I'm sick of everyone hiding everything from me!"

Annabeth stood up, tears in her eyes. "Because he was a bad man. He betrayed us. He was the cause of many deaths in our camp and he can never be forgiven."

Stella rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Even if he was a bad guy, it doesn't mean that I can't know about him. I'm an adult, for gods sake."

"You're barely 18, Stella. You still got a lot to learn." Annabeth sighed.

"Yes but I'm immortal now. Can you at least tell me what he looked like?"

"Oh, Stella."

Annabeth whipped around to see Rachel. Annabeth narrowed her eyes at her.

"He had the most beautiful sea green eyes I've ever seen. His hair is so black that it's almost purple, his smile is so contagious. He had the most cute baby seal eyes," she smiled sadly. "He was tall and toned, and he was so skilled at fighting in both Roman and Greek styles. He was so loyal."

Stella cocked her head to the side in confusion. "Loyal? Didn't he betray Camp Half Blood?"

"Never. His fatal flaw was Loyalty and-"

"That's enough." Annabeth snapped.

Rachel rolled her eyes. "Percy was-"

"Shut up, Rachel!" Annabeth yelled. "You don't get to influence Stella like that! Get back to your little cave and stay there!"

Rachel laughed mockingly. "Why don't you make me, blondie? Stella can know about her brother who was WRONGFULLY ACCUSED!"

Annabeth jumped to her feet, charging at Rachel. Suddenly, Annabeth felt something burn her ankle. She looked down to see a thing rope of murky water wrapped around her ankle. She looked over at Stella, who was pale and sweaty from the small power.

"Stella? You can control the water?" Rachel asked.

"Stella, stop! This water is toxic!"

Stella grunted before falling to her knees, drained. The weak water released Annabeth and sizzled on the sand.

Annabeth huffed and walked away in anger. Rachel helped Stella get up and carried her to the nurse.

Stella was very thin and small, with short brown hair and brown eyes.

At Olympus

"Absolutely not. It's only been eighteen years since we sent him down there, you know. The Cold War with half of our council will have to wait to be resolved. At least until he's been down there for a hundred years." Zeus said.

Apollo huffed. "Dad! It's getting so boring in here. What if we need him to fight Chaos? He's more powerful than our whole council, you know? He's our creator."

"He won't dare attack us. And if push comes to shove, we'll bring Perseus back in shackles. We'll show him who's in charge and he surely will submit. He'll be weak from Tartarus and all his enemies torturing him." Zeus chuckled.

"Well, Poseidon isn't doing well. I checked on him today, he's really weak. The waters are toxic and murky, the humans are dying from it." Said Hera.

"He'll have to deal with the fact that his son is a traitor. It isn't our fault that Perseus decided to betray his own kind."

"Perseus is his favorite son, you know? He didn't take it well at all when you convicted him. He was too shocked to even vote." Apollo argued.

"Fine, lets give it a century. It'll all be fine by then. I'm sure Poseidon will forget about Jackson by then." Zeus rolled his eyes.

"Doubt it." Ares grumbled. "I'm tired of getting burned by toxic water every time I try to run by the beach. He's doing it on purpose."

"Of course, he hasn't slept ever since Perseus was banished. His hair is silver, he's thin and fragile. Depressed." Hera sighed.

"Please, dad. Do something. Uncle Poseidon can fade or make all the mortals die from the water." Athena said.

"Ugh, fine. Let's do 82 years, since 18 has already passed."

Dionysus shrugged. "Better than nothing. What do you plan on doing with Perseus?"

Zeus laughed. "Make him the Camp's slave, of course. At least he'll be away from his thousands of enemies in the pit. I wonder how many times he's died already."

"I'll embarrass him and I'll make sure Annabeth crushes him again hehe." Athena giggled.

"And I'll fight him again, while he's chained up." Ares roared with laughter.

"Gods, you guys are harsh. I was planning on singing him a song and writing a haiku for him." Apollo mumbled.

"Then why did you even side with us?" Athena asked.

"Artermis was mad at me so I went with you guys."

Zeus cleared his throat and sat on his throne. "We should just play with some mortals."

Athena walked out while Ares agreed.

Little did they know that they were being watched.