Chapter 3- Fake Love

This is Angel'a hair color and hair style. I'm sorry for those of you who don't like OCs but I quite enjoy making them just so I don't have to deal with offending people when I make a character do something that they normally wouldn't do (like Jason and Annabeth). Thank you for reading!

Percy always tried to see the more positive side to everything, so that's what he tried to do in this upsetting situation. He was on his way to California, on blackjack and a certain brown haired boy sat behind him.

Ugh! Boss, he's so heavy!

Percy chuckled. "No he's not, blackjack. I'll buy you donuts soon."

He neighed in happiness. Angel gasped in delight. "Oh oh oh! You can speak to horses?!"

Percy nodded, smiling. "Yes, but it's such a pain to deal with this whiny horse! Hehe :)"

Blackjack huffed and sped up, making Angel gripped Percy tightly. "Are we meeting anyone over there in California?" Angel asked.

Percy hummed and replied, "yes. Piper, Rachel, Leo, and Nico. I'm sorry but your brother couldn't make it."

Angel quietly wondered why.

"Because he said he hated flying," Percy said.

Angels eyes widened. "H-how did you know that's what I was thinking?"

"You're easy to read. That's what I like about you. I can tell you're also loyal, unlike these fake people at camp. I'm grateful for my friends, you know? I hope I can be good to them."

Angel stayed quiet. He wondered if he could ever have friends like Percy did, and maybe even find a girlfriend or lover.

About an hour away from California, the boys stopped at a Diner where they were meeting up with the rest of the team. They were taking a private car that they rented the rest of the way to California. They entered the diner, expecting to see them, but they were nowhere to be seen. Angel trailed behind Percy as they decided to sit at a table to wait for a bit.
Percy ordered a dozen donuts for blackjack and blueberry pancakes. Angel ordered a fruit salad and banana milk.

"Are you sure you don't want anything else? It's on me." Percy offered.

"I'm good, thanks. I usually don't eat this much anyway."

Suddenly, Piper, Rachel, Nico, and Leo burst through the doors, looking around. Piper's eyes landed on Percy as she breathed heavily, obviously from running. They walked to the table as Percy stood up to help them with their bags.

"We're so sorry, Percy. We got lost and we rushed here to find you as soon as we could. Our flights were delayed an hour, but I'm glad you guys are still here." Piper shuffled towards a chair slowly.

"It's alright. We weren't waiting for long anyway. Order something, guys. You must be starved and don't worry, it's on me," said Percy.

Everyone placed their orders quickly, their tummies grumbling from hunger. When their food arrived, Leo and Rachel ate like it was their first meal in weeks while Nico and Piper poked at their food.

"What's wrong, guys?"

Piper sighed. "I'm just jealous about the Jason thing. Nothing new or shocking hehe."

Nico glared at his French fries and spoke in a low voice, his voice calm. "I never eat, Percy. And I miss my sunshine. He couldn't come because he had infirmary duty for the whole week. They're overworking him!"

Percy chuckled. "Well, you can't change anything by poking at your food. Yes, you barely eat and that's why you're as thin as a freaking twig. Here, eat some more."

Nico gave him a small smile, amused by his caring actions.

"So," Rachel started. "How do you think the romans will react to Leo being here?"

Leo flushed red in embarrassment. "I'm sorry, okay? I regret my life choices and I'm still so young."

"They usually hold grudges, but you're one of the guys that helped save them so I guess they will probably make an exception. I mean, Reyna seemed to like you." Percy laughed.

Leo smiled. "Are we going there first or do you want us to come with you to your parents' house?"

"Only one of you guys can come, because I don't want to crowd them. Plus, we don't know if something might turn out bad and I don't want you guys to witness that. I mean, the whole camp is starting to turn on me already."

Piper sighed in defeat. "I'm tired of these people. You saved their asses so many times yet they go against you. Leave them to rot, Percy. Let's stay at Camp Jupiter."

"Thats a good idea. I might actually consider that if things go wrong." Percy half joked.

"Well, maybe you can meet a cute girl over there. I mean, Reyna liked you, didn't she? And Rachel also likes you hehe." Piper smirked.

Rachel slapped her arm, a red blush on her face. "Ah Percy. Don't listen to her, she's drunk."

Piper cackled. "Lmao, drunk off ice tea. Or maybe I'm just stating facts."

Percy wasn't paying attention, though. He was more focused on his family.

"Who wants to go with me to my parents home?"

Everybody raised their hands.

"Rachel, you come since you've met them and they like you." Perch finally said. "And Leo."

"I thought you said only one could come?"

"I changed my mind. Blackjack can handle 3 since you guys are really small. Plus, it's better for Piper to be with Angel so they can get acquainted since they're both children of Aphrodite."

Everybody agreed. Percy paid the bill and they headed outside to blackjack. Percy gave him the donuts and patiently waited for him to finish eating.

Piper, Nico and Angel would take the car to Camp Jupiter since they know Piper.

They got on blackjack and went in the direction of his parents new home.

He could only hope that things turn out well for him.