Chapter 14: Need to feel needed

Annabeth shrieked, jumping and falling on her butt. She whimpered in fear, staring at the spot where Vega and Lucifer shot. Vega was visibly shaking, and was struggling to hide it. He attempted to distract himself by watching how Poseidon tried to awkwardly hold a conversation with Medusa, unaware of what was happening. He desperately held his tears back, his heart shattering slowly. Just seeing Annabeth made him want to break down.

He reached into his pocket, gently rubbing the small ring that was in there for years. The ring that once belonged to a beautiful blonde who went to hell for him.

Vega calmed himself a bit, before speaking up loudly, interrupting Jason while he was having a tantrum.

"We're to train you all everyday and help you reach all of your potential before Chaos gets here, then we have to fight Chaos or die trying. If you need anything, you may ring our doorbell. Nobody may ever come inside our cabin unless we instruct you to do so. That is all for now."

Lucifer nodded, carefully stepping down from the table he stood on. Vega hopped off, groaning quietly, his head going light. His gas mask wasn't enough yet, and he was going blank. Lucifer tossed him another Tartarus oxygen tube. Vega took a few deep breaths of it, casually hiding his face while doing so.

Estelle stepped forward once again. "Your eyes are a beautiful green."

Annabeth looked up so fast her neck made a popping noise. She winced but kept on staring at Vega. Rachel walked closer to Vega, slowly reaching towards him. Vega's eyes mirrored pain, and heartbreak.

Thalia pushed Annabeth out of the way. "Sea green. Reminds me of my best friend."

Annabeth stood very still, her eyes wide. "Only...only Percy had this color of green. I've never met anyone else with a color this beautiful."

Estella scoffed. "Back off, Annabeth. Even if he was here he would not want to speak to you."

Annabeth turned red in anger and shoved Stella away from her. Stella landed on her butt and struggled to breathe. Thalia jogged towards her quickly, holding a little bottle to Stella's lips. An inhaler.

Stella has tears in her eyes, struggling to breathe from her anger and exasperation. "I want to meet him..." she whispered.

Thalia nodded and agreed with her. "And I want to see him again."

Vega stood still, indecisive. He wants to tell Thalia, Leo, Calypso, and Rachel that it was him but he wasn't sure how they would take it.

"Shit..." he cursed silently. He gripped Riptide in his pocket while trying to decide what to do. Vega decided to wait a bit to see how they act before telling them who he is.

The Night Crew walked inside the cabin, Vega following close behind, deep in thought. Suddenly, somebody held on to his cape. He whipped around, tense.

Estelle stood there, her eyes cast downwards. "Have you ever met him? Percy Jackson?"

Vega sighed, leaning down a bit to make eye contact with her. "Yes. And he said that he wishes that mother would've let him meet you."

Estelle smiled sadly, giving Vega a quick hug to say thanks before jogging away. Vega stood up straight again, dusting himself off before entering the cabin.

The cabin was pretty cool, starry night themed. It was big and even had its own pool and jacuzzi. The bedrooms were huge. Silena and Beckendorf shared a room because they were married anyway. Luke and Kellie begged to room together as well but Vega denied.

"Not in my godly household, you hooligans." He had said with a smirk.

Vega sat on his bed, thinking about what he should teach the wimps in the morning. He stroke Luna, who was in baby Phoenix form. She purred and spoke,

"Don't think too hard, my love. You'll get wrinkles hehe."

Vega grinned. "Immortal forever, I doubt I'll look old ever. How come you don't ever use your human form?"

"I'm cuter this way. Admit it, you're in love with me in this form." Luna giggled at her joke.

"Ah shit, you caught me. But you're cute in all forms. Good thing we're immortal and don't have to worry about getting old and wrinkly." Vega smiled down at Luna.

"I think I'll use my human form, though. You need someone to protect you after all."

Vega scoffed, and set Luna down on the floor. He got out one of his sweatpants that fit tight and a white shirt for Luna. She shifted into her human form, but making sure that Vega was looking away first. She put on the clothes and plopped down next to Vega on his bed.

"Well, I guess we'll need to go shopping for clothes for you."

Luna nodded excitedly, clinging to Vega. Luke suddenly barged in, being loud as always.

"VEGA GUESS WH-" *GASP* "WHO IS THAT?!?"

"This is Luna." He said simply.

"DAMN GIRL!!" He laughed loudly. "What happened to your cute little birdy, Vega?"

"This is her human form." He explained.

"Don't look too human to me. She has wings, bro."

Vega looked over, noticing the wings. He lifted his eyebrow at her.

She waved it off. "I'll figure out how to make them disappear eventually."

"Well, at least the wings pass through clothing without having to rip it." He said tiredly.

Luna had dark blue eyes and short, black straight hair. She was petite and barely reached Vega's chest. Her wings were small and black, with dark blue feathers here and there.

Suddenly, there was a loud noise outside and people screaming. Vega jumped up, rushing out the window. Luna followed quickly, Luke helping her reach the window so she wouldn't have to fly.

Vega took out his guns, watching for enemies. Luna came running after Vega, complaining about her bare feet and how the pants were getting dirty since they were long.

"Shit, Luna. You should've stayed inside, so you even know how to fight?" Vega growled.

Luna nodded fiercely. "Of course I do!"

Vega tossed one of his guns at Luna, watching her catch it with fast reflexes. "That'll be your gun for now until I can find one that suits you better."

BANG BANG!

They ran to the dining area, where the noise was coming from. Luke followed them, his guns also loaded.

Luna gasped, seeing a large beasts holding a camper in its large hand. The beast was pure black, but it almost looked like a combination of a bear and a bat.

"ESTELLE!!!!" Thalia screamed, seeing the beast rough handling Estelle.

Luna shrieked when she saw the beast drop Estelle into his large mouth, swallowing the fragile girl.

Vega and Luna saw nothing but red, their emotions linked.

"SHIT!" Luke screamed when Vega and Luna both transformed.

A/N- IM SO SORRY!!! I haven't updated in a while because I had finals and new classes wahhh!! I'll try to update again soon!!