O1 - City 127

Taeyong laid down on his unclothed bed and stared up at his glow-in-the-dark star stickered ceiling. Around him on the floor were multiple boxes and plastic containers with his things.

Today he and his mom were moving to another town, since she got a promotion at work. He wasn't completely okay with it knowing that he'd be going to another school and be forced to make new friends. Of course, he was happy for his mom but he just didn't want to repeat the same process of making friends, when he was finally comfortable with his current school.

"Tae, are you finished packing up?" His mom shouted while she made her way up the stairs to his room.

He sighed to himself before he responded. "Not yet mom, I still have a little bit of stuff to pack."

His mom made it to his room door and leaned on the door frame and stared at her son.

He hesitated. "Mom...do we really have to move?" He turned his head towards his mothers direction.

"Oh honey, you know we do. It'll be a good opportunity for me at work and I'll get a higher salary." The mom stared back at her son worriedly.

He sighed and stared back up at the ceiling, trying not to get overwhelmed. After a few seconds of silence his mom stood up straight.

"Let's try to be on the road by noon, I don't know what the traffic is like heading to Seoul." She said as she turned to go towards her room, which was down the hallway.

"Got it, mom" he responded lowly and continued to lay still and studied the stars on the ceiling.

I hope this time is better.

The moving van arrived by midday and they loaded the back with their belongings. Taeyong and his mom got into their own vehicle and followed behind the van as it led them to their new home.

It would take them at least four hours to reach there so they stopped at rest stops for food and bathroom breaks along the way.

Taeyong felt bored and leaned his head on the window while he watched the moving buildings going the opposite direction. Suddenly he felt like his past was also moving behind him.

You see, he didn't have many friends at school. Just two, their names were Taeil and Jungwoo. They were the only ones who accepted him for his true self. He promised them to stay in touch on their KKT group chat and that gave him an ounce of joy knowing that he would still have his old friends to talk to, even if it wasn't face to face.

Taeyong was brought back to reality when his mom asked "Tae dear, did you hear what I said?" He turned his head towards her. "Huh mom? What did you say?"

She shook her head "We will need some groceries. Will you come with me to the store later?" She quickly glanced at him.

"Yeah, sure" he replied as he turned his head and looked at the unfamiliar structures which approached from both sides. He was certain they were far from their old town by now.

---

He woke up not knowing when he fell asleep in the first place. They'd followed the van for quite some time now and after a few miles were at last greeted by the sign welcoming them to the new town.

The route neared their destination and they finally pulled up in front of a two story white house that looked like those preppy neighbourhood homes.

"We're here. What do you think?" His mom asked as she shut the engine off and took the key out of the ignition.

"It's not what I expected... in a good way, I guess." He shrugged and got out of the car.

They both made their way to the front door and thanked the movers for unloading their boxes on the front porch.