O4 - Fly Away With Me

I'm glad it wasn't sold out.

Taeyong joined the main line to the ferris wheel loading station with his ticket in hand and tip toed to see how far ahead of him the line was.

He knew by the time the ride was over, it would be the perfect time to head home for dinner.

He noticed most of the people in line were couples.

This must be a popular spot for couples.

There was one particular couple in front of him. A tall boy with brown hair and a shorter female beside him who clung to his side.

Taeyong wished he also had someone with him that he could go on dates with. He was slightly jealous of the couples and their love.

Maybe someday I'll meet the right guy.

They were in the line for half an hour and were nearly at the top. Taeyongs legs were cramped and the sun was relentlessly hot. He was glad he bought a bottle of water earlier to keep himself hydrated.

"Babe, I needa use the girls room." The girl in front of him said.

The tall boy next to her just nodded his head and the girl went on her way.

A few minutes passed and they were finally at the top of the line. Taeyong was so excited, he had made it to the top and it was his turn to go next.

"Next" yelled the conductor as he motioned for the boys to step forward.

Jaehyun looked around to see if he could spot his girlfriend heading back towards the ride. His eyes were met with doe type ones instead of which made him flustered. He bowed politely and smiled.

The doe eyed boy also bowed shyly in response.

Jaehyun turned back around and stared at the conductor then murmured something to himself.

Where is she? Is she even coming back?

Taeyong thought the boy was handsome. He'd never seen anyone with such a beautiful smile before. Too bad the guy was straight, he thought.

He seems to be be waiting for his girlfriend. Hopefully she comes back soon. She's been gone for 15 minutes.

The conductor looked impatient. Jaehyun was exasperated and dialed someone on the phone, but the person didn't pick up.

Ugh, why does she never answer when it's important.

"We have to keep the line going, sir. This is the last ride of the day." said the conductor who looked rather upset at this point.

Jaehyun finally decided that he would leave and look for his girlfriend. He apologized for having held up the line and he stepped away. Taeyong then stepped forward towards the cabin but was stopped by the conductor.

"Where is your partner, sir?" The conductor asked while he held his hand horizontally blocking the path.

"Partner? I don't have one." Taeyong looked confused.

"I'm afraid I can't allow you to board without another person, it's company policy." The conductor simply replied and shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay! Next pair please step forward." The conductor then chirped while he clapped his hands.

The couple behind taeyong made their way past him towards the ride.

"W-wait. I have a ticket-" taeyong protested but he was unable to complete his sentence.

"B-but I didnt know about the rules." He continued to say while he hung his head low. He now felt disappointed and couldn't bear to be ignored any further so he waved the white flag and walked towards the stairwell.

I guess I'll just take it as a loss.

Taeyong was close to the edge of the stairwell and kept his head down low and sighed to himself.

Jaehyun was at the top of the stairwell when he heard the boy nearby. He turned around and saw the disappointed look on the shorter boys face.

Damn, he looks so sad. I guess he was really looking forward to it.

Jaehyun found himself debating for a split second whether he should turn back or not. He decided not to and when he looked down the stairwell he saw his girlfriend and her friend who walked togerher from the bathroom and headed towards another booth.

He was annoyed and thought he needed to do something to take his mind off of things for a while.

Jaehyun walked towards the shorter boy and stopped in front of him. He looked down at the smaller boy and waited for him to raise his head.

Taeyong was caught off guard and looked up to find the cute dimpled boy in front of him. He looked at him confused.

"Do you want to ride it that badly?" The taller of the two asked while he looked down. There was no expression noted on his face.

Why did he ask that? And he looks kind of upset.

"Y-yes, I've never been to a festival before so I was really looking forward to riding the ferris wheel..." the other boy replied softly and avoided the taller boys gaze.

"Hmm...alright." Jaehyun said and grabbed the hand of the shorter boy and dragged him towards the loading station.

W-whats happening?

Taeyong pulled back against the others movement causing them both to halt in place. The taller boy turned around and stared at the other. Both confused to each others actions.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go!" Jaehyun said with a questioning tone but didn't pull Taeyong forward again but instead waited for him to come on his own.

Taeyong looked down at Jaehyuns hand and the others eyes followed and he immediately released his grip.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." Jaehyun smiled and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

Taeyong shook his head and rubbed where Jaehyun held and asked innocently, "Are you really going to accompany me?"

He was completely clueless as to why a complete stranger was being so nice to him. Jaehyun himself didn't know why but, the face the other boy had shown had bothered him slightly or maybe he was simply annoyed with his girlfriend and needed an excuse to disappear from her for a while.

"Yes, that's where we're headed. Now come on before they close!" Jaehyun said and walked ahead, not to hold their spot in the line but because he didn't want to prolong the questioning any further as he wasn't sure how to answer in the first place.

---------
Welp. Now the moment
you've been waiting
for happens.
Sorry if it's boring.