O6 - My Van

Jaehyuns girlfriend waited for him to exit the cabin. Johnny and his girlfriend stood beside her. She folded her arms and tapped her foot impatiently.

The cabin door finally parted and after she saw Jaehyun got out, she hurried to meet him.

"It was fun. Thanks again. See you later, maybe?" said the other boy.

Before Jaehyun could reply his arm was taken and he already knew who it was.

Oh dear God. Kill me now.

"Jae, why did you go without me?" The girl whined.

She didn't spare Taeyong a glance and continued to cling to Jaehyuns arm with a pouty face.

Jaehyun was busy as he tried to console her with sweet words and apologies. He was kind of annoyed that he had to apologize but thought it was better than arguing.

Taeyong stood frozen to the side as he was unsure of what to do next. He then caught a glimpse of the time on his watch and he saw it was already 6:15pm.

Damn, I need to leave right now!

"Uh, Excuse me.." Taeyong said softly but still was able to gain their attention. Jaehyun turned his head to face the shorter boy. (Y/n) just gave him the stink eye since at that moment she was cut off from speaking. Taeyong bowed politely to her which she followed at a much quicker pace.

"Hey, what's up?" the younger boy questioned.

"I gotta get going now. My mom will be mad if I'm not back soon." He explained.

"Alright. Take care."

"You too." Taeyong said as he walked off from the pair.

Taeyong hurriedly went to hail a cab at the entrance of the festival.

Jaehyun, Johnny and the two girls decided it was also time for them to leave and head their separate ways. The couples made their way to the lot and entered their respective cars.

As Jaehyun pulled out of the entrance he saw the shorter boy standing at the side with his hand out to garner attention from the approaching vehicles, hopefully a cab.

Jaehyun swerved his car in front of Taeyong who slightly stepped back out of reflex. The window slid down and revealed the boy from the ferris wheel ride.

"Hey, where are you headed?" The younger boy asked.

Taeyong looked rather bewildered but immediately pulled his wallet out to show the boy the address written on the paper.

"Oh!, that's on my way. I can give you a lift." He suggested and smiled brightly exposing his dimples.

I don't want to bother him. And his girlfriend doesn't seem happy.

Taeyong could see the girl with a displeased face. She basically shot daggers through her eyes at him. She then clicked her teeth and took out her phone and began to press the screen.

"No, it's fine, you've already done enough. Thanks though" taeyong murmured shyly.

"It would be faster than waiting for a cab here. You'd need to walk to the bus stop 20 minutes away to get a ride, they won't stop here." Jaehyun continued and shrugged.

Taeyong looked at the cars driving from each direction. He debated internally but eventually concluded that what he said might be right. He needed to reach home immediately anyway, any more detours would put him past the time he had agreed.

The boy got into the backseat and buckled up. He had heard the girl hiss as she crossed her arms, after he got inside. The car then indicated and joined the lane.

They drove in silence for a while until Jaehyuns girlfriend started to speak.

"Babe, look at all these pics I took." she chimed and pointed occasionally at her phone as she swiped the screen.

Jaehyun glanced over at her and focused back on driving.

"Look, babe, look!" She persistently nagged him and tried to get his attention.

Isn't that dangerous?

"Babe, I'm driving. I'll look at them later, ok?" Jaehyun said in a sweet tone and smiled to her.

"Okay" she said and smiled back as she resumed checking out her pictures.

Taeyong didn't say a word. He thought that the girl was so annoying. He felt suffocated just being in the car with her. He couldn't imagine how the taller boy could put up with it.

Jaehyun glanced through the rear mirror to check on the older since he was quiet when he saw Taeyong who stared outside of the window at the landscape.

He must like scenery.

His mouth formed in a slight smile and he concentrated back on the road.

They at last arrived in front of the driveway to Taeyongs home. Taeyong thanked the younger again for giving him a ride and waved as he drove off.

Oh, I forgot to ask his name! Was it... Jae?

Taeyong suddenly realized he didn't ask the boy his name nor tell him his and wished he had. That would've been the first friend that he made in this town.

Hopefully I see him again.

He sighed and opened the front door and was greeted by his mother. She was done setting the table with the dishes she made.

"Hey dear, I was beginning to get worried. How was the festival?" she asked and took a seat at the table.

"It was amazing, mom" he responded with a smile while he joined her at the dinner table.

---------

Hip hip hurray
another chapter
Hopefully it isn't crappy.
Soon enough there
will be romance.
Fingers and toes
Kryscrossed 😏
~ 🧡