O3 - Blow My Mind

Earlier at Taeyongs house, he and his mom had unpacked the most important boxes of things they needed to use right away. He helped her unload all the utensils and cookware which they needed to use later for dinner.

After they were satisfied with what they had done so far, his mom decided it'd be best to make their way into the main town area while it's still daylight so that it would be easier to find their way back home.

They drove to the superstore and set out to pick up the groceries in bulk. Taeyong pushed the cart behind his mom as she loaded it with the items on their shopping list.

"Can we get these?" Taeyong asked his mom as he pointed to the assorted gummy candies. The bags hung near to the aisle they had been turning into.

His mom chuckled. "I didn't know I still had a baby boy." She teased him.

"Mommm...." he started to feel embarrased when his mom said that in public. He looked around to make sure no one was staring.

"Put some in, dear" she told him and smiled apologetically after she realized that she may have been a little too loud for her sons liking.

Taeyong immediately smiled brightly and put his favourite kinds in the cart. He preferred the bear shaped ones.

Once they ticked off everything that was on their list, they headed straight to the cashier. Something on the notice board in front of them caught Taeyongs attention. There was a poster with a picture of a ferris wheel and huge lettering saying "FESTIVAL". He noticed that the last date for the festival was today.

"Hey mom, is it alright that I go and check out the festival?" He asked his mom while pointing to the poster.

The mother averted her gaze from the groceries she had been lining up on the conveyor belt and looked at what her son pointed at.

"Hmm... as long as you won't stay out too late. We're not that familiar with the place yet so I don't want you to get lost." His mom said and then continued to load the groceries to cash out.

"Alright, mom" he replied.

Taeyong smiled to himself and helped his mom unpack the cart.

I've never been to a festival before. This seems like it'll be fun.

After they cashed their groceries out, he assisted his mom with loading the bags into the trunk.

Just before, Taeyong had asked the cashier if the festival was close by. One of the workers showed him the directions using google maps so that he would know where to turn. Luckily for him, it was in walking distance.

His mom gave him the home address on a piece of paper, which he placed in his wallet. She also gave him some taxi fare and extra cash for food and anything else he might need.

"Later son, dinner will be ready by 7pm!" His mom said while she waved to him.

"Got it!" He replied and waved back to his mom who then drove away.

Taeyong walked using the directions he was given. It took him twenty five minutes to reach to the festivals entrance. On the way, he made note of some stores he wanted to come back to another day. He was happy that he could explore the town by foot. He saw various places he probably wouldn't have noticed by car.

He walked into the entrance and was given a stamp on his hand which was the shape of a cute lion's head. Taeyong couldn't suppress his excitement and looked around in wonder at all of the events and different rides available to go on.

What immediately grabbed his attention was a booth selling cotton candy. He couldn't help it, he knew that he should use his money more wisely on a more substantial meal but he preferred sweets to anything else.

After he waited patiently he collected a cotton candy stick which had a cloud bigger than his head. He ate it happily like he was tasting heaven.

Next, he joined the line for the carousel. He remembered riding one as a child with his parents as they watched over him. It brought back happy memories of when his father was still alive.

After going around on the carousel for a few rounds he found himself trying some of the games and he received a mini teddy bear, in which he was quite happy about winning. He stuffed it in his back pocket.

He decided to go on one last ride before he headed home as it began to get dusk in the sky as the sun was setting.

Taeyong settled on the ferris wheel. He thought that it would be beautiful to view the town from a high point. He's also never ridden one before and also, he could take a few pictures to show his friends later on. It was final, he thought to himself. He stepped towards the ticket booth to purchase his ticket for the ride.

Wow, the line looks long. It must be popular.