11 - Touch

The weekend when the club would go on an overnight camping trip arrived. Taeyong was upstairs in his room packing his duffle bag. He'd already packed his favourite shoes with extra shirts and two pairs of jeans.

He then went into his bathroom to grab his toothbrush, toothpaste and a comb when he heard a knock on his door. "It's open!" he shouted from his bathroom.

His mom entered searching the room for her son before he emerged from behind the bathroom door with items in hand.

"Are you all set for the trip dear?" His mom asked while she sat on the edge of his bed.

"Just about, mom" taeyong replied with a bright smile after he placed the items into his bag.

"How are you arriving?"

"I'm carpooling with my friends" he said.

"Okay, text me when you've reached. Don't forget your sunscreen and repellant." his mom reminded.

The boy nodded before he started to search for the items she recommended. She departed his room and went back downstairs.

Johnny decided to drive himself, Taeyong, Ten and Jaehyun to the location to be efficient since he was the most familiar with the directions. The other club members would also carpool and follow behind separately.

After Taeyong was done packing he went to the living room and watched some television until the others came to pick him up. His excitement made him unable to eat so he packed the sandwich his mom made him for later. He barely got a lick of sleep last night from the anticipation and knew he would regret it later.

Soon enough his phone rang. He looked at the caller ID "Jaehyunie", his heart nearly leapt out of his chest.

Jaehyun? Why's he calling me? Why not ten?

He answered it "h-hey..." he cursed himself for his weak voice.

"Hey Tae, we're almost at your house. Are you ready?" Jaehyuns voice said on the other end.

"Yes, I'm done just waiting for you guys."

"Alright, great we'll be there soon."

Taeyong hummed in response and they hung up.

Heart calm down.

Taeyong placed his hand over his heart and took steady breaths and tried hard to regain his focus on the screen.

After a couple of minutes passed he heard a knock on the front door. "Mom, I'll get it" he yelled so his mom could hear, as she had went up to her room.

He got up then gripped on the knob of the door and breathed deeply before twisting it open. He expected to see Jaehyun but was surprised when it was Johnny who appeared at the door.

The taller boy noticed the surprised expression, "Hey Taeyong, I just came up to introduce myself in case your mom opened the door. I figured she'd want to know who was taking you."

"Oh, she's upstairs. I told her already so it's fine" Taeyong chuckled softly and grabbed his bag from the couch.

"Mom, I'm leaving now!" He yelled again.

"Oh, okay. Have a safe trip dear!" He heard his mom reply from her room.

And with that, he stepped outside and locked the front door behind him. He followed the taller boy to the vehicle. When they arrived alongside the jeep he noticed Ten in the passenger seat waving at him and signaled that he should sit in the back.