15 - Run Back 2 U

It was the Friday before the 'Where's the Love' concert. Taeyong had barely said anything more than a word to Jaehyun. It was driving the younger boy crazy how obvious Taeyong made it that he was avoiding him, not that it was intentional.

They were in the last class about to be dismissed to attend their extracurricular activities and just as Jaehyun was about to get up someone approached him at the side.

"Jae? We need to talk" jaehyun faced the girl standing beside him and let out a sigh.

"Okay, not here. Let's go to my car."

"Fine" the girl replied and followed behind the boy to the school parking lot.

Once they were in they sat in silence for a little bit. Jaehyun fidgeted with the air conditioning turning it on.

"So, what is it you wanted to talk about?" Jaehyun asked, staring through the windshield ahead.

"Lately you've been distant and you barely reply to my texts. Are we even together still?"

"Oh...right, I'm sorry.."

"What's going on with you? We never used to argue"

"I don't know.... there's been a lot of things on my mind lately."

"Is he one of those things?" She stressed the word staring at him.

Jaehyun remained silent and opened his mouth several times to speak but words wouldn't come out.

"I see...well, let's break up. And for the record I broke up with you whenever we're telling people."

"I'm okay with that. I'm sorry again" he scratched his head not knowing what else to say.

The girl got out of the car refusing to spend a second longer. Jaehyun didn't feel like going to the clubroom anymore, so he just drove straight home.

As soon as he got home he rushed up to his room and was heading straight for a shower. He needed to take a long one while he cleared his mind.

A part of him was relieved that the girl didn't slap him or put on a huge display at school. Jaehyun was fine with rumours of her dumping him circulating. After all, it was the least he could do in order to not tarnish her reputation.

Jaehyun put his bag down on his study desk and went to his bathroom undressing bits of clothing with each step. Then he entered his shower turning the pipe on and he let the water trail over his body after wetting his golden brown hair resulting in a deeper brown.

Taeyong, what are you doing now?

His efforts to clear his mind failed and he pressed his head on the wall continuing to get soaked.

Over at Taeyongs house he sneezed while he was cleaning his room and rearranging all of his neatly folded clean clothes.

When he was stressed he found cleaning makes him feel better and gets his mind off of things. At this time he was severely stressed.

Not talking to the younger was giving him the worst sleep of his life. He walked around with bags under his eyes from the lack of proper rest.

Taeyong missed interacting with Jaehyun and going to club meetings. It was difficult to avoid him though, since they shared the same friend circle. He was also running out of believable excuses.

Now that the concert they both wanted badly to attend was tomorrow he felt somewhat distressed about having no choice but to see the other.

Maybe Jaehyun would bring his girlfriend?