12 - Lips

Weeks passed and Taeyong slowly adjusted back to how things were before. He no longer felt nervous around Jaehyun. After he let go of his expectations it made him more comfortable.

The flashback of that day replayed in his mind.

A few days after the camping trip Taeyong had been overly cautious around Jaehyun. Any slight movements and unintentional touching made him exaggerate.

He decided that he could not continue like this so he seeked Ten for advice. The two of them were seated next to each other in the library.

"Just treat him as you would treat me or anyone else" ten commented after Taeyong explained his concerns.

"What do you mean?" taeyong arched his eyebrow at the younger boy.

"I mean, before this. All of your feelings. He was your friend. So treat him like that"

"Ah friends..." taeyong pondered.

"Anyway, I doubt you should worry. I think he likes you" ten cut taeyongs thoughts to a halt.

"That's ridiculous. What makes you say that?" He whispered looking around to check if anyone heard them.

"He pays attention to you a lot more than you realize" ten shrugged.

"Well he's very nice to everyone." Taeyong reasoned and turned his attention to his notebook which he hadn't opened yet.

"Hmm...I dunno it's definitely more than that. Oh, by the way John and I kissed in the tent." Ten giggled while covering his mouth at taeyongs facial expression.

"What?! How can you just drop that information on me so suddenly" taeyong whisper shouted remembering that they were in the library.

Ten just shrugged his shoulders and looked at the older boy sideways while he smiled broadly.

Since then he behaved as normal. The label of friends solved the entire thing. But he wondered if what Ten said was true. He didn't feel that Jaehyun treated him differently to others. Jaehyun was an overall nice guy. Also, did he ever consider Jaehyun as his friend to begin with?

School was now dismissed. The club wasn't meeting because of the lunar new year holiday this weekend, so they took the day off.

Jaehyun invited everyone from his homeroom and the club to spend the holiday at his parents beach house on the weekend.

Taeyong looked forward to the weekend even more because Taeil and Jungwoo called him a few days ago saying that they'd visit his new town for the holiday.

He grinned to himself thinking about seeing his friends again. He thought of places he'd take them and how they'd get to meet his new friends.

They however were more interested in Jaehyun as he became a common topic of their chats recently.

After Taeyong mentioned the camping incident, they were starving for details. Jungwoo threatened that if Taeyong didn't confess soon he'd steal Jaehyun away for himself when he got there. Taeyong laughed at the memory.

Taeil suggested he and Jungwoo would stay at his relatives house since he was visiting them for the holiday and also did not want to bother Taeyong and his mother. Of course Taeyong begged him to reconsider but the older refused, telling him they'd come on the weekend for the beach party.