Chapter 4

Christian POV
After 2 weeks of trying to find my mate in other packs, I gave up and returned back. I was disappointed but I knew that she was there somewhere, waiting for me. Just after I had showered and dressed, my beta Jackson mindlinked me telling me that a female rogue was being mistreated.

I let out a sigh. Jackson might be my beta but he could not deal with this according to the council, only the alpha could decide the treatment of rogues in their cells and intervene if something was wrong. I made my way towards the cells. Approaching the cell where the female rogue was being kept, the smell of litchies and lavender hit my nose. "Mate! Mate! Mate!" my wolf Night was singing. I hurried and reaching the designed cell, I found a girl curled up in a ball while some guards were kicking her. "MINE!" I growled and pushed the guards away.

I took off my shirt and slipped it onto my mate's naked and fragile body. "Why is my mate like this?" One of the most ancient guards, James who always liked to defy the alphas and never respected their mates answered, "Nothing out of the ordinary. She is a rogue and has a beautiful body so upon seeing her; we couldn't resist and had our part of fun with her if you know what I mean alpha." This was enough to anger me and I snapped his neck before turning to my mate who was cowering away. "Ple-please do-don't hurt m-me." I immediately hugged her.

"Sshhhh, my princess. I will never hurt you." I scooped her into my arms and took her to my room. Handing her one of my shirts and boxers, I told her to go and take a bath. Around fifteen minute later, I heard a scream and I rushed into the bathroom where I found my mate in my shirt but on the floor holding her bleeding elbow. I noticed that there was also blood on the edge of the bathtub which told me that she had slipped and had knocked her elbow against that. I lifted her and helped her to sit on the bed. Afterwards, I took a cream and applies it on the wound before putting a bandage on it. "What's your name?" I asked her. "Twi-Twinkle," she stammered. "Beautiful." She tried to get up but I prevented her. "Where are you going?" "T-to m-make di-dinner. You a-are the al-Alpha. You'll be-beat me if I d-don't pre-prep-prepare dinner." "Princess, you at my mate, making you my equal. You don't need to do anything."

There was a knock on the door and a servant came in with a plate full of delicious items to eat. I took the plate before giving it to Twinkle. "Eat," I told her. She took a piece of roasted chicken hesitantly and put it in her mouth. She took around five more bites before telling me that she was full. Not wanting to pressurise her, I nodded and took the plate from her, eating what was left. Don't judge me, I have a great appetite. Once I finished, I kept the plate on the night-stand. "Sleep princess! I'll be here on the couch if you need me." She slipped under the covers before falling into a deep slumber.