Chapter 5

Twinkle POV
I had acted as if I had fallen asleep but as soon as I heard his snores, my eyes shot open. I was scared of falling asleep. Scared that my past memories would hunt me. I stirred on my bed trying to keep awake but an hour later, I fell asleep against my will. Unfortunately, what I was scared of the most, happened.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twinkle's dream
I was cooking mashed potatoes, roasted beef and rice waiting for my father to come on. The front door opened and my father alias the alpha trotted into the kitchen with a murderous look on his face. I was slammed on the wall and he cut my air circulation by pressing his hand on my neck. Just as I was about to faint, he released me and unbuckled his belt before starting to whip me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Twinkle! Wake up! Twinkle!" I jerked awake and went into the farthest corner of the room, curling up in a ball and started letting out small sobs. I hated it when I cried but I couldn't help it.My mate whose name I didn't know approached me slowly with his hands up in the air showing that he meant no harm. When he saw that I was not scared, he pulled me on his lap and rocked me forward and backward whispering soothing words in French in my ears, "Calme toi mon amour. Personne va te blesser. Je suis ici pour te protéger." [Calm down my love. No one is gonna hurt you. I'm here to protect you." After some time, he lifted me up and put me under the covers. He continued playing with my hair until I drifted off to sleep. The next morning when I woke up in the arms of a man, panic overtook me and I started wriggling out of his grip. He growled and is stopped at once. "D-don't hu-hurt m-me. I'll do wha-whatever y-you wa-want." When I looked up, I was met by pale brown orbs looking down at me with worry. "I'll never hurt you not even in my dreams. Anyway, I didn't get to tell you yesterday. My name is Christian David Black and I'm the alpha of this pack. The Red Moon Pack." I gasped and pulled away from him and stood up. "Th-the Re-Red Moon Pa-pack?" He was sitting on the edge of the bed and nodded with a questioning look. "Ple-please don't g-give me ba-back to my old pack. The-they'll hu-hurt me." He pulled me on his lap and burried his face on the crook of my neck inhaling sharply. "What is the name of your old pack?" "The Bl-Blu.. No, I can't tell you. The-they'll ki-kill m-me." Removing his face from the crook of my neck, he looked straight in my eyes and cupped my face before saying, "They won't be able to hurt you. Is it the Blueberry Pack?" I shook my head. "The Blue Sky Pack?" I was hesitant to tell Christian in fear that he would hurt me but Shine assured me that he won't so I nodded. The next second, a loud and terrifying growl was hear and I jumped, going into the bathroom and locking the door.

Christian POV
I growled when I heard the name of her old pack. I had signed a treaty with them. How did they dare to hurt my princess? I had not realise that Twinkle was scared until she jumped from my lap and went into the bathroom. "Twinkle? Princess? Please open the door." The only answer that I got was the silence of the room. "Great! I scared mate." "Not you Night! We scared her. If I had controlled myself, she would not have been scared. Don't blame yourself." "Princess, I won't hurt you. Please come out. My wolf Night was scared which is the reason why I growled. I heard Twinkle fumbling with the keys and Night did a cheerful dance in my head with an idiotic song which sounded like 'Yay!yay!Mate is back! Mate is back!...' I was taken out of my thoughts by Twinkle shaking me. I hugged her and said, "Come on, let us go for breakfast." She shook her head violently beforeb speaking more like whispering, "I can't fa- face peo-people. I'm ug-ugly, wort-worthless and f-fat." "You are not ugly, worthless and fat Twinkle. You are the most beautiful women that I ever met." I looked at her and saw that her cheeks had turned slightly pink. I smiled and continued, "There isn't anyone here. This is not the pack house. Being the alpha, I have my own house. The beta also has his own house and my parents have their own house. The others live in the pack house. Given that this is ou house, no one will come here without permission and I already told them not to disturb me." She smiled slightly which made my heart flutter. We were walking down the stairs when she stumbled but before she could fall, I caught her and scooped her into my arms. At first, her muscles were tensed but then they relaxed. Once in the kitchen, I put her down on a stool and proceeded to make breakfast. "What do you want princess?" "Any-Anything." "Eggs and bacon?" She tilted her head to the side and then spoke, "Is it good?" I nodded and looked at her trying to figure out how she could not know this. She inhaled sharply and said, "I was only allow to eat the leftovers twice a week and drink a glass of water each 2 days." I was seething with anger but I controlled it by taking slow breaths. I continued preparing breakfast. If I speak the truth, the only thing that I can cook are bacon and eggs. Once ready, I put a piece of bacon and two eggs on her plate. She took a bite of the piece of bacon and not even half of an egg before pushing the plate away."Princess, you need to eat more." She shook her head. Angry, I shouted, " YOU ARE WEAK." I was too rough as she broke down into tears. "Idiot! Comfort mate!" I pulled her on me making her head face my chest. "I-I kn-know that I'm wea-weak. Re-Reje-Reject m-me." "No! Don't talk like this princess. I'm at fault. I'm an idiot. I lost my calm. When I said weak, I meant that your wolf is not strong enough to heal your wounds." "Will yo-you hu-hurt me?" "Never." "Pin-Pinky pro-prom-promise?" She asked puttin her pinky forward. "Pinky promise, princess!" I replied and intertwined my pinky with hers. She giggled and I laughed. As soon as I laughed she stopped. "What happened? Are you hurt princess?" I asked trying to find any sign of injuries. "N-no Chris.... s-sorry. I mea-meant alp-alpha. It's ju-just th-that th-this is fir-first tim-time I didn't get bea-beaten fo-for laugh-laughing." I frowned at her calling me alpha. "Princess, you don't have to call me alpha. Call me Christian. I'm your mate. You can use my name. Concerning the beating part, I have already told you that I would never hurt you so not hurting also implies no beating etc. Now, if you don't believe me, do I have to dressed up like a bunny and play with you to convince you?" I asked with puppy eyes. She started laughing and I grabbed my phone and was able to snap a picture of her. She stopped and tilted her head making a low growl escape my lips. "Damn! That head tilt makes me want to take her right here." Night said sending dirty images to my head. I shook my head and told her that I had snapped a picture of her as she was too cuteeeeee. She smiled and said, "D-do you thi-think we cou-could go ba-back to my ol-old pa-pack and get my clo-clothes?" "Princess, I can buy you clothes and anything else you want. We don't have to go there. "No, it'll b-be a was-waste of mo-money and I ha-have someth-something re-really clo-close to my hea-heart there." "Ok princess. We'll go in two hours but always remember money spent on you will never be a waste of money." "Ok. Tha-thank you Chris-Christian." I smiled and she gave me a hi one back.