Chapter 7

Twinkle POV
When I opened my eyes, the next morning, I smiled finding myself in the arms of Christian where I was safe. "Maybe our life can change for good Shine!" The only answer that I got from her was a faint 'hmmmm.' She was definitely not a morning person. I wriggle out of Christian's grip and went into the kitchen where I decided that I had to do something to thank him. Buying a gift was out of question but I could make breakfast as a thanks.

I prepared ham, eggs, garlic bread and milkshakes. Milkshakes and smoothies were the only thing I loved. "Twinkle? Where are you? Twinkle?" Christian was shouting but before I could even let a sound out of my mouth or better before I could even open my mouth, he appeared into the kitchen with panic cleared on his face looking all around. Once his eyes fell on me, he let out a sigh of relief and pulled me into a hug. "I thought that someone had taken you away from me." I face-palmed myself before muttering a quiet sorry about not telling him where I was and pointed towards the breakfast that I had beautifully arranged if I might say. "You made all of this, princess?" "Yes. All fo-for you." He smiled and sat down. I saw down next to him be for taking a piece of garlic bread and a piece of ham. Christian frowned his eyebrows and opened his mouth to tell me something but he stopped and proceeded eating.

After eating, he told me to get ready while he did the dishes. I went into the room and put on the dress that the beta female had lended me as Christian had asked her for some clothes that I could wear. I made a mental note to thank her when I would meet her. After getting ready, we made our way to the pack hospital. I was trembling as I was scared of doctors not because of needles but because the doctor in my old pack would often beat me. Luckily, Christian assured me that he would be there at every single moment. When we entered the hospital, everyone was staring at us and I grew uncomfortable. Christian noticed and let out a growl which made everyone look down.

Entering the cabin, the doctor was already there. He had brown hair and green eyes. His eyes gave him a sharp feature and a scary look. "Alex, this is your luna. I would like you to check her." The doctor asked what was the problem and after a few moments of hesitation, I finally told him that I had been beaten, raped and starved by my old pack and that according to Christian, I was not eating enough. "Luna, please lay down on the examination table on your stomach." Christian helped me in laying down and the doctor unzipped the dress. He pressed at a few cuts and scars which made me winced and for sure that earned him a growl from Christian. After taking note of everything, he zipped up my dress and told me that I could get up. He measured my weight and height. "So luna, you are underweight which is why I'm giving you some vitamins. For the scars and cuts, I'm prescribing a cream whereas concerning your eating habits, I'm prescribing a pill which you'll have to take once a day for one week only. That is all. So, alpha and luna, I take your leave as I have to attend to other patients." He went away and soon after Christian and I went out. "Come on! Shopping time."

Christian POV
Once in the shopping mall, I first took her where there were dresses, skirts, jeans, shirts, jumpers, shorts and blouses available. Often she would smile widely at something and would pick it up but then after verifying the price, she would put it down with a sad face. When I checked the price of the items that she had liked but not taken, it was only like $400or $550 which was nothing at all for me. She ended up taking only items from $10-$40. At the end she had only selected two really simple dresses which made a total of $40, one skirt of $15, two pair of jeans amounting to $80, one short of $20, a blouse of $20 and a jumper costing $35.

When we reached the counter, the total amounted to $210 and she looked horrified. She tugged at my sleeve like a child just before I paid. "What happened princess? You need something else?" "No, i-it's to-too mu-much. I wo-won't be ab-able to pay y-you ba-back." "You don't need to princess. Whatever is mine, is also yours." She didn't seem happy but she stayed silent. Then, we went into a jewellery shop where I had to literally drag her along as she didn't want any piece of jewelries. Finally, she accepted but told me not to take anything too expensive. I agreed but I took a loads of things. Finally, I went with her into Victoria Secret. Everyone was staring at me like I was a weirdo.
I told the salesgirl who was a werewolf to help Twinkle. The salesgirl helped her and when she finished taking the measurements of Twinkle , she packed whatever she could get as I told her not to hesitate about money. Once we finished with shopping, I kept all the bags in the car and took Twinkle to the food court and we chose to eat at KFC. I ordered three zingers and a boxmaster while she ordered only a drumstick and a diet coke. When I was done eating, I said, "Princess, wait for me here. I'll be back. I'm just going to the bathroom." She nodded and started looking all around her.