Chapter 10

1 week later
David POV
Today was finally the day when Twinkle would be discharged after 1 week. In the first two days whenever she would see me, she would flinch or have a panic attack but by the third day, she finally trusted me. The panic attacks or flinching occured because Christian resembled me a lot and she thought that I would hurt her.

Yes, my son resembled me while Diana resembled Christianna. Coming to Christian, he had not come to the hospital at all keeping firm to his promise. I knew that he was sad and feeling guilty but he had to wait and earn the trust of Twinkle back. "David?" Christianna asked. "Yes wifey?" "Come here. Twinkle wants to tell you something."

I went to the other side of the bed and asked how she was feeling. Twinkle let out a sad smile before motioning to my mate to give her a pen and paper by pretending to write on her hand. Christianna handed her the paper and pen and Twinkle wrote, 'Can I stay with you and mom until I feel ready to face Christian?' "Of course dear. You are my daughter. You don't need to ask." 'Thank you dad and mom,' she wrote. "I'm going to sign the discharge papers and we'll go home." She nodded and I went to sign the papers.

Once all the procedures were over, I took a wheelchair and Christianna helped Twinkle to sit onto it. We wheeled her to the house as we didn't have the car with us. The journey was of only ten minutes as it was not far from our house. There were two pack hospital. One near the battle ground and Christian's house and one near ours. The one near the battle ground was used during wars while the one near our house was kept in case of someone was walking and got hurt in the forest. The forest was nearer to our house.

Once inside, Christianna took her into the bedroom of Diana as it was unused now and also because it was the only room downstairs apart from ours. Cristianna had already brought all her clothes here. Christian's bedroom and the spare one were on the first floor. We had thrown Diana out after the drama at dinner. The day passed peacefully with Twinkle sleeping most time as she was still really weak. At night, it was horrible as Twinkle would have nightmares and scream. Sometimes, Christianna would go and calm her down and another time me. A few days later, Twinkle was better and she didn't have nightmares anymore. Over the days, she had a relation of best friend with Christianna instead of mother-daughter as Christianna had herself been abused before I found her and she understood Twinkle really well.

Two weeks later
Christianna POV [Christian's mom]
Twinkle had finally started to talk around four days ago. When I heard her voice, it was a relief. Her voice was like the slow, peaceful blowing of the wind. She was a sweet girl and I don't know how Christian was able to do something so bad. Unfortunately, she was still dependent on the wheelchair. We had gone to see Alex for her checkups each two days but he said that it will take a bit longer for her to walk. Maybe in two to three days, she would be able to walk according to Alex.

"Mom?" Her voice brought me out of my thoughts and I nodded to tell her to continued talking. "Do you think that I am responsible for what Christian did?" "No dear. You are not at fault. He should have had trust in you as much as you trusted him. He should never have said that you warmed other men's bed jut because your own brother kissed you on the forehead." "He didn't know that Jackson is my brother." "I accept but when you told him, he should have listened before taking any harsh decision. Even if he did take the decision, when Jackson went to him and begged him to release you by telling the truth, he should have asked us at once not wait because he thought that you were at fault and Jackson was telling a fake story." "Maybe if I had not told him that he was a monster because he hurt Jackson, he would not have hurt me." "No! Do not blame yourself. He should not have hurt Jackson without thinking. When someone does something harsh without thinking and listening, I would personally called that person a monster."