Chapter 9

Christian POV
When I heard the scream, I jumped in surprise. "What in this fucking world is that?" "Idiot! That was MATE!" "Oh shit!" I rushed to the bedroom but I could not find Twinkle. She was not in the bed nor in the room. I looked around desperately. I checked into the bathroom but I could not find Twinkle.

There was a clap of thunder and I heard a small whimper coming from the walk-in closet. I went in and looked around. I didn't have to look for long as I saw Twinkle small trembling feet sticking out from behind the rack of my clothes. Instinctively, I pushed apart the clothes and at once noticed Twinkle with her hands on her head and her head on her knees. "Princess?" She looked up and I could clearly see her red puffy eyes and the path that tears had made down her cheeks. What had happened to reduce her to this state?

Another clap of thunder was heard and she jumped into my arms wrapping her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. I stumbled backward as she caught me by surprise. Luckily, I stabilised my balance in time to prevent us from falling. I held her and walked out of the closet going to sit on the couch. After a few minutes when Twinkle calmed down, I decided that it was time to ask her. "What happened princess? Why were you in the closet?" "I-I had a nigh-nightmare and I-I wa-was scared of th-thu-thunder." "What nightmare princess? You want to talk about it?" "I dre-dreamt that you had rej-rejected me a-and that you ga-gave me ba-back to my o-old pa-pa-pack." "Princess, it was just a bad dream. I would never reject you or throw you back in that hell hole." She stayed silent but tears were still streaming down her cheeks. By the time she felt asleep, it was already two o'clock so I put her back under the covers before removing my shirt and getting under the covers near her. She was still whimpering. "Sshhh princess. I'm here. Sleep." She stopped and snuggled as close as she could to me.

I wrapped my arm around her before starting to talk with Night. "Hey Night. Do you have any idea, what could have reduced Twinkle to this state?" "Well, I have three propositions. First one: The drama that happened at dinner, scared her specially when Diana threatened her. Second one: Someone from the pack insulted or has beaten her like Britanny and her bimbos had done. Third one: She thought that we would reject her or hurt her because of what had happened this morning due to the prank that she played on us." "Alright. By the way...." "Nope. Stop right there dumbo. I have to get my beauty sleep and you have disturb me." I let out a laugh involuntary and Twinkle's eyes fluttered open. "What is happening Christian?" she asked in a groggy voice. "Sorry princess. Just something funny that Night told me. Now, let us sleep." "Ok." We drifted off to sleep and the next morning when I woke up, the side where Twinkle was sleeping was empty.

I heard the shower running which told me that she was in the bathroom. When she came out, she had a pair of white shorts stopping mid thigh and a blue cotton shirt on. "She's beautiful Night!" "Nope. You are wrong. She is sexy." I mentally smirked and went into the bathroom. "Princess, go downstairs and eat your breakfast. The maid has already prepared oatmeals for you and don't forget to take one of the pills that the doctor prescribed. Don't worry about the vitamin. It had already been mixed in your oatmeals." "Ok."

Twinkle POV
I went downstairs and started eating. In the middle of my bowl of oatmeals, the man who I recognised as Jackson came into the kitchen. "Hello luna. My name is Jackson and I'm the beta here." He looked friendly so I replied, "Hi Jackson. Please call me Twinkle. I'm the mate of Christian and you already know my name. Twinkle Parker."

"Parker?" "Yes." "Don't you remember me Twinkle?" "Who...." Then it all came back to me. My brother. My elder brother who had been sold. That is why he looked like me a bit and his name was the same as my brother. Jackson Parker. "Is that really you teddy bear?" I asked him. I always called him teddy bear. "Yes Angel, that's me." I pushed the bowl away, losing my appetite. I could not believe that I had gotten my brother back. "How?" "How did I get here?" I nodded. "I had been sold to the rogue pack. Well, I escaped two months later and then I stumbled here. The alpha and luna that is Christian's parents took pity on me and took me in. I told only them my story. No one else knows not even Christian. I became best friend with Christian and then I trained hard until I got the beta position." I jumped with tears of happiness flowing down my cheeks and hugged him hard. He kissed my forehead and at the same time a loud growl was heard from behind us which made us broke apart and I saw a fuming Christian.