Prologue

Ashes.

Ashes everywhere.

Ashes are the only remains of my home.

My childhood castle.

My memories.

My parents.

I'm currently standing in front of my home, or what used to be. In all the things I would've thought to happen, not once did I think that my parents would die and worst of all in a house fire.

It all happened so fast. I was lying with Amanda on her bed as we were having a sleepover at her house when I got a call.

***flashback***

"Evening, may I speak with Sapphire Evergreen please." A lady asked politely.

I answered in the same manner, "Speaking."

"Miss Evergreen we would like for you to go home, there's been a house fire." She states in the most calm tone I've ever heard. How can she be so calm after telling me this?!

"W-what do you mean house fire? I've just talked to my dad a few minutes minutes ago. That's not possible..."

"I'm sorry but there was a  fire at your house and the fire fighters and paramedics are already there, I suggest you go too." She, again, calmly states. I start hyperventilating, my chest constricting uncomfortably. I rush out an 'ok' before tumbling down the stairs with Amanda on tow.

You could see the fire fighters and ambulances littering around the house, finishing off the last bits of flames. I rush out the car and go straight to the ambulance. No one, absolutely no one in there.

"Where is my mom?" I ask a man standing by the car. "Who is your mother ma'm?" He asks. "The owner of the house and also my dad. Where are they?" I rush out gesturing to the coal black planks as remnants of my house.

He pales and gulps before glancing around. "Uhm..." he starts nervously before taking in some air. He moves closer and sighs. "I'm sorry that I'm the one who has to deliver this message, but your parents..." he trails off with a tremble in his voice, again, increasing my anxiety.

I know very well what happened, I just don't want to accept it. It's too early for that. I'm only 16!

"Your parents couldn't make it." He finally releases. I take in a sharp intake of breath and freeze. Hearing it is worse than I thought. "They died in the fire." He continues and my vision blurs before darkness consumes me.

***end of flashback***

I woke up at my aunts and went straight home. Only to be met with ashes. I have been standing here for god knows how long, just staring at it. Staring as my childhood memories washed, more like burned away, literally.

My parents taken away from me without even a warning. Who will kiss my forehead at night when he thinks I'm sleeping? Who will shout an 'I love you and have a nice day' every time I go to school?

It's too early

Hey guys!

This is my second story and I really hope you can  enjoy it. I decided to try another type of book as my first one is teenfic, I went bold and took a chance at fantasy.

Whatever you do don't criticise, I'm not immune.

Ok then. Byeeeeee!

Hlahla🍎🍏