Chapter 15~ I'm sorry

"How vain it is to sit down to write when you've not stood up to live."~ Henry David Thoreau

I never thought I would say this, but, I'm totally enjoying school today.

Not many teenagers have said nor thought this but when you've been away from a place you are used to, it's really not fun. I mean this school is the only place in my life that didn't change, it still was the same boring place that had bustling people all dealing with their personal issues and teachers with exhausted frowns etched on their features. It still was the place where I knew no one treated me differently from when my parents were still alive, they still acknowledged me as Sapphire, the petite girl with red hair and played tennis and did track, and was great in her studies too. Not, Sapphire, the girl who lost both her parent to a house fire. It was a great feeling to be honest.

"Uuuuuuuuuuuugh!" Nessa groaned as she trudged over to us, gaining strange looks from the passerbys. We were all stood at Ryan's locker which was closer to the canteen waiting for him. "If that damn teacher gives us another assignment, I'm gonna blow a fuse I swear!" She exclaimed and leaned an elbow on Justin's shoulder and blew the few strands of hair out of her eyes with a huff. The latter chuckles and glanced at her, "George?" Vanessa rolled her eyes and clicked her younger. "Who else? I swear that man is out to torture us. He can't handle his own personal problems so he comes and makes our lives miserable." She huffs and we all laugh at her, it's a normal occurrence when Nessa has history. But she really wants to be a lawyer so she endures.

Where was Ryan anyway? We've been standing here for fifteen minutes and he's yet to arrive, lunch will be ending soon and I'm not planning on missing any meal, not today and not any day either. Food is precious to me and he knows it.

"Where the fuck is Ryan anyway! I'm so not in the mood for any of this, we still have to interrogate Sapphire 'bout her MIA." She asked and scanned the slowly emptying hallway. Logan gave me a look and I pretended not to notice and looked anywhere but them.

"There he is!" I exclaimed with a way to wide grin for the occasion, can you blame me though? I enthusiastically waved my hands at Ryan as he made his way to us. He noticed my waving and a smile slipped on his lips, he was used to me acting out at times. "Finally! I was 'bout to die of hunger. Do you know how hard it is to-" Nessa started before Ryan cut her off with a groan and a roll of his eyes when he finally reached us. "Nessa you say that every time you have history, we know okay. No need for the echo!"

Vanessa rolled her eyes and turned, trudging her way in the direction of the canteen. "Where were you anyway?" Logan questioned as Ryan slammed his locker shut and a nervous look passed his face before it went away as fast as it came. "Nothing." He shrugged and we started our way to the canteen. Logan chuckled and walked ahead of us before turning and walking whilst facing us. "Dude I didn't ask what, I asked where." Ryan laughed and shrugged, "Not important." He mumbled and Logan gave him a long look before facing forward and opening the canteen doors.

"Well that wasn't dodgy at all!"

I jumped a foot in the air and knocked into Justin who was in front of me with Vanessa and Amanda by his sides. He let out a startled grunt and the girls both squeaked in shock. "What was that about?" He asked rubbing his back and letting out a light chuckle at the end. I was panting and a layer of sweat had collected on my eyebrows.

"N-nothing. It was nothing." I exhaled and an awkward smile made itself way on my face. They all gave me weird looks before turning and continuing with their way into the lunch room. Amanda gave me a long look and I tried to smile as innocently as I can at her. She hesitated before following the others. A relieved sigh passes my lips.

"Don't ever do that again. I'm not used to you, especially when you go MIA for the whole day!" I whisper-shouted at Isolda glaring at the ground in front of me. I think this is the most frustrating part to be honest, not being able to look straight into the eyes of your offender and raining hell on them with your eyes.

"Uh... Saph?" My head snapped up and my eyes met with Amanda's blue ones. "Are you okay?" She asked, confusion and concern etched on her features. "I-Im fine. I'm good." I stuttered and the concern grew even more.

I was so tempted to tell her but the fear of coming off as a freak was too much. I am already on their crazy books, no need to be under the 'you need an asylum' genre. And to be honest, it sucks. Amanda has been my friend since forever and she knows everything about me, (well besides this) and I know about her, so hiding something so huge from her makes me feel guilty.

"You have to work that out cause I'm not going anywhere, anytime soon."

My gut twisted.

"Sapphire!" I jumped and when I looked up, I saw the nervous and slightly panicked look on Amanda's eyes. This made me realize that I can't risk having her worried over me. She's got her whole life ahead of her and my problems shouldn't affect her, not to mention that I'm being hunted by God knows what. Who's to say they won't go after my loved ones? My family can protect themselves cause I'm sure they also have supernatural powers with my mom being witch and them sharing some of my blood, they could handle themselves. What about my friends, they wouldn't know what to do and I'm not planning on being the cause of someone's death, not now not ever. So I'm sorry Amanda but this is one secret I will make sure you never, ever find out about. Ever.

"Let's go inside, I'm hungry!"

And once again, like I had done for two years, I smiled and nodded.

Hi lovelies!

I actually wrote this whilst rewatching Moana for the umpteenth time and I have come to the conclusion that it's my favorite Disney princess movie.

QOTC: What is your favorite Disney princess movie?

This is the first time I'm doing this so I'll be expecting answers!

Anywho, tell me how you found the chapter to be. I know it's sad that Sapphire is reverting back to the gloomy one, but it's part of the story and there's nothing I can do (besides change the plot, which I'm NOT DOING!) And what do you think Ryan is up to?

Anyway, I love you guys and I appreciate the support as always. It really means a lot. Stay safe and I'll see you next time on another episode of Last Evergreen Standing!

Hlahla 🍏🍎