Chapter 6~ Grinch snort

"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that." ~J.K Rowling

Fuck I'm bored...

Those are the words that have been running through my mind the whole 76 hours, 35 minutes and 5 seconds. Yep, I've been bed locked for three full days now going on four. To say my aunt isn't worried -more like terrified- would be the understatement of the millennium. She has been frantic ever since I told her my body is still sore after the second day of bed arrest.

I've been drinking more mushroom soup. Added more blankets and pillows on my bed. More medicine than normal. My temperature is being checked every thirty minutes. Gotten frequent visits from my family, not that they weren't but now they come to my room every ten minutes and I'm not joking. Ooh, I even got a foot massage from Eric.

You'd think she'd lay off a bit after that but let me tell you one thing; this is my aunt we're dealing with. She can be scary when she wants to and I stopped telling her to stop fussing over me after she gave me 'the glance'.

If you have parents or are just living with adults, I'm sure you'll relate when I mention the glance. The glance is one to be reckoned with, it sends chills to your spine, so cold you'd think you've frozen. The people who are most good at it, are the mothers. You know when they tell you to do something and you refuse or don't do it right at the moment? Yeah that look they shoot at you with their laser beam eyes. That is one scary sight and after my aunt directed it at me, I stopped mid-sentence and didn't utter a word about that ever since.

I'm telling you guys; beware of 'the glance'

So here I am, stuck in my bed with two blankets and a comforter, three pillows behind my head, staring at the ceiling. Fun right?

You'd think I would at least know what happened that night but no, I'm not ready yet. Apparently. They have been dodging that topic like it's corona virus and it's starting to piss me off but I'm not complaining. Once I get out of this bed, I'm getting my answers, one way or the other.

Just then my aunt barges into the room holding a bottle with a colour I can't tell whether it's a sparkly aqua blue or green. She has a grin in her face so big I wouldn't be surprised if her face split in half. "Darling!" She exclaims and I smile apprehensively at her, yeah... She's scaring me.

"Aunty, how are you?" I ask as I try to sit up, but the many pillows behind me make it quite hard to do so. "I'm great, actually, I'm awesome!" She beams at me, removing two of the pillows for me to sit better. "Great aunt, that's good to know." I smile at her and she nods her head before thrusting the bottle of scary liquid to me. I look at it and grimace at the not so pleasant colour, it looks like some type of beautified vomit. I look back at my aunt and see she still has the same wide smile she was wearing when she entered my room.

I glance back at the bottle, "Uh... What must I do with it?" I question, letting out a weak chuckle at the end. "Why, drink it of course." She states still holding the bottle towards me, her smile still intact. Yeah... No. I'm soo not drinking whatever that liquid is, not now, not anytime soon too.

I nervously chuckle, scratching my neck, "Sorry aunt but, I'm not drinking that." I state and her smile falters before it reappears again. "Well that's a pity then because I wasn't asking honey." She states with her smile still intact. I look at her and her eyes are shining with determination. I scowl at the liquid, "What is even in this thing?" I question with distaste. She swirls the liquid and shrugs "Oh nothing. Just some few ingredients here and there." I scowl at her random answer and she smiles at me, taking my hand and placing the bottle. "Now drink up. Every last drop, don't drop or spill any of it. I want it down you throat, all of it."

I swirl the bottle and look as the liquid swirls around. It look like the Grinch snorted and then some drunkard vomited. "Yeah... No aunt. I'm sooo not drinking that." I deadpan and her smile vanishes before one of the most terrifying thing happens; she glances at me and not just any glance, the glance. She's looking at me as if to say "if you don't drink that Sapphire so help me god, I'll make sure you don't get out of that bed or see daylight for the rest of your life."

Yeah... I'm not planning on that happing so I pinch my nose and close my eyes before downing the whole thing in one gulp. Making sure it doesn't reach my taste buds I tilt my head up and aim it straight down my throat. I grimace and shiver in disgust before thrusting the empty bottle to my aunt. She takes it and I open my eyes to see her beaming down at me, "Good honey. Great. I promise by tomorrow you'll be out of this bed and you'll finally get to know what happened to you. There's so much you have to know." She says with warmth in her eyes.

I try smiling at her but only grimace in disgust. I'm never drinking anything besides water and juice ever again. First alcohol had me paralysed and now this disgusting Grinch snort. No more, I'm done.

The only good thing about this drink is that it will make me better, I hope, and I'll finally be able to get my answers and know what the hell happened that night. But all in all, no more alcohol for me. I'm sure I drank enough for the rest of my life existing on Earth.

Yeah... Here it is guys. I tried, I really did and if it was disappointing, sorry. Whatever you do tho, keep your nasty comments to yourself. I'm allowing constructive criticism ONLY!

Thanks for the support tho guys and I'm very happy that you guys are willing to support this book, it means a lot❤️❤️

Tell me what you think and continue with the voting my lovelies.

Hlahla🍎🍏