Chapter 8~ hybrids and aliens

"Challenges are what make life interesting, overcoming them is what makes life meaningful "~ Joshua J. Marine.

Sapphire's POV

"Sapphire... Sapphire...! Sapphire, can you hear me...! Sapphire! SAPPHIRE!"

I jump awake with a squeak, frantically looking around my room but finding no one.

"God damnit, you sleep like Huego!" A voice exclaims and I jump startled whilst looking around my room. When I see no one I call my aunt. "Aunty! Aunty did you call me?!" I shout and try untangling myself from my cocoon of blankets. I manage to escape their grasp but lose my footing and come tumbling down on the dark grey hardwood floor.

"Sapphire! Are you o- oh my, what happened?" Aunt questions after barging into my room. I look up at her through the curtain formed by my hair. "I'm actually quite fine aunt." I answer sarcastically and watch as her grey eyes flash with yellow sparks, which is so unusual and unexpected. Her eyes seem so bright and vivid at the moment like I'm seeing them for the first time...

"Maybe it's because you are? Did you ever think that that's possible?"

I jump a foot in to the air and I mean literally. I jumped a foot into the air, banging my head into the ceiling... Ok so you could say it was more than a foot.

"Honey! Wha- what is wrong, what happened?!" Aunt fusses and rushes over to my side where I sit groaning and rubbing my head expecting at least some pain to radiate through my skull or something, but absolutely nothing happens. I close my eyes, holding my head waiting and waiting for at least a jolt of pain or something to run through my body but... Nothing. 

"You aren't going to feel anything you know, you're a werewolf and a lycan at that. You don't just feel pain that easily." The person, reasons and I look around. "Aunt. I think I'm going crazy." I whisper, clutching her hand. "What the- what do you mean honey?" I look at her and the first thing I see is the scar in her eye, like literally inside her eye. Strange I know, but right now is not the time.

"There's... Someone or something in my head, talking to me. She keeps answering my thoughts like she can hear them or something and the most absurd thing about it all is that she says I'm a werewolf, a lycan as she calls it." I chuckle incredeously. My aunt sighs, "You're not crazy honey." My mouth gapes open and I stare at her, I think she's the crazy one. "There is a voice in my head, I think that's clear enough that I'm crazy!" I exclaim. "Look just wash up and meet m- us downstairs. I think you're ready to know what happened the night of your birthday."

***🐺🐺***

"WHAT?!"

Oh my God! My family has gone insane! Aliens have finally arrived and they're taking over my family's brains!

I look at them in bewilderment, pitying them for falling victim to those treacherous monsters. They had been acting strangely the past few days and it all started... My mind clicks; at the woods.

They are all in front of me, aunt and uncle on the loveseat and Eric and Emily on each side. They are literally the perfect family and what's more infuriating is their beauty, they're are way to beautiful it sometimes seems inhuman. Aunt reminds me so much of my mom, they both have the same snow white hair and so does Eric and Emily. The twins took their fathers blue-ish grey eyes but mom and aunt have the same grey eyes. I took my dad's red hair and hazel eyes which sometimes seem more green than hazel. Sometimes I also wish we were the perfect family like them but at least we were happy and that's all that mattered.

My aunt sighs from her position on the loveseat with uncle by her side. "I'm being serious Sapphire." She says, her voice thick with exhaustion. "I'm sure you're just tired aunty, there's no way that's possible." I remark with a chuckle, this all seems funny to me to be honest. "No I'm not- you have to believe us honey. You're a-" I cut her off, "Werewolf?" I ask and she nods.

"You're telling me, that I am a werewolf? Are you insane?! Don't you think I would've known that I'm a werewolf in all my eighteen years of living? Don't you think that I would've know or felt something? I mean no disrespect but what you're saying right now is bull aunt." I remark and stand from the ottoman I was seated on. "Sapphire it's true, not only are you a werewolf by you're a witch too!" Eric's voice halts my footsteps and I turn to look at him. "You're saying I'm some sort of- of hybrid?! Eric I thought you were smart enough to know when aliens are taking over your mind! Please don't let them take over you, they've got aunt, not you too!" I plead with him and he just stared at me weirdly before sighing. He's the real weirdo here. "Well yes to answer your first question, we do consider your kind hybrids... But that's not the point, the point is you're a werewolf slash witch. You're father was a were and your mom was a witch and they both came from important families!" He exclaims and I clutch my head in frustration. "Stop spewing bullshit Eric!" I shout and take a deep breath calming myself down before I tear someone's throat out. "My mom was not a witch she wasn't and so was my dad, they were none of that! What would they do if they heard you talk such lies about them? Huh? Don't you have at least some dignity left? God what is wrong with you?!" I cry in anger, my chest rising and falling as I take deep pants as they stare at me in amazement. God I need to run.

"Let's go."

And I take off, ignoring the reflection of bright green eyes.

Ok here it is😁

I hope it's great but to me it really was and I had just finished watching the first season of stranger things when I wrote it, a friend here on Wattpad suggested it and I gave it a try. So worth it!

Anyway, tell me what you think!

Hlahla🍏🍎