Chapter 14~ wild imagination

Dedicated to derp_with_duke for being an awesome soul!

"What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say."~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sapphire's POV

"Just like that?"

"Yes, just like that."

Am I crazy or the voice in my head is?

"Are you sure you want an answer to that?"

"Never mind."

So apparently for me to shift, you know, change from creature to human, all I have to do is to close my eyes and imagine myself as a normal human being. Unbelievable right?

As much as I believe that magic exists (even though that beleif is as existant as they get), and I'm not talking about your normal 'penny behind your ear' type of magic, I'm talking about the turn you to a wolf or lizard type of magic, it is pretty hard for me to  believe that to change this magic, you just have to close your eyes and imagine. My imagination is wild, but that's a long stretch!

"Sapphire would you hurry up? You have a dinner to attend."

I sigh, "Ok, ok. Let me get my imagination on then." I roll my eyes and let them shut closed. I focus on myself as a human, red hair, hazel eyes, fair skin, five foot six (this one is the most important), clear nails and hands, all that shabang.

A tingly and warm feeling goes through my body, from my head, down to my shoulders and arms and them my stomach them my knees and lastly my toes. A shiver racks through my body, you know those shivers you get when you're cold and then you finally get into a warm place or snuggle into your bed after a shower in a cold night? That type of shiver, nice right?

"You're almost done, continue with what you're doing!" Isolda exclaims joyfully and I pinch my eyes shut, continuing with imagining the real Sapphire. A loud crack resounds around the room and my eyes fly open. I stare ahead of me before looking around the room in search of the cause of the noise.

"Don't worry, it was just your bones readjusting themselves."

My eyes widen and I turn to look at- well nothing cause I can't see her. "What do you mean 'readjusting'?" I exclaim and I could feel Isolda shrugging.

"Readjusting, readjusting. You know, fixing themselves."

Ok Sapphire, don't overreact. What did you expect, you're half human at the moment anyway. Did you think you would close your eyes, imagine and then poof- "I'm human again!"?

Well yes, I was expecting exactly that. You can't blame me though.

"Sapphire hurry up, people are waiting for you downstairs!" Isolda sighed exasperated. I nod my head and closed my eyes once more, this time ignoring the popping of bones as they readjusted themselves.

God, is this how my life's going to be?

🐺🐺

"Oh. My. God!" Amanda exclaimed, well she might as well have screamed, as soon and I stepped out of my car. The group she was with all turned to look at the cause of commotion, when they looked at me their eyes widened in shock. I don't know if it was the supernatural powers or years of friendship but the voice in the back of my head (not Isolda) told me to run away as fast as I can. As soon as the sheepish smile made its way to my lips, I knew I was as good as dead.

"Hi." And all broke loose. I turned on my hills and ran as fast as my normal legs could. It was hard considering I was running from athletic people. I do track with Vanessa and tennis with Amanda. Ryan is a winger in rugby. Logan is striker in soccer. Justin is an enforcer in ice hockey. You could say we're an athletic bunch but that's just how we are, so as you can tell, I'm faced with a huge challenge cause they all can run.

"Sapphire Adoette Evergreen!" They chorused as they chased after me. I was zooming past people and apologising as I went. The entire school was watching our antics, some with amusement and some in annoyance, those people will never find happiness in life.

"I'm sorry!" I screamed as I ran around the schools, the navy blazer making it harder to do so.

"No, not this time!" Logan said, humor lacing his voice. He sounded closer and I did the mistake of turning to look how close he actually was. Next thing I know, I had collided face first with Logan's chest. He wraps his arms around my waist and lifts me up, simultaneously hugging and caging me.

"Put me down! I'm sorry guys, Logan put me down!" I laugh and the rest of the group comes over all laughing at my misery. Logan finally puts me down and I run to hide behind Justin, I know he'll protect me. He throws his head back and lets out a hearty laugh at my antics. "Well are you going to hide behind J all day or are you going to tell us where the fuck you were these past days?" Amanda sassily asks and I peak over Justin's shoulder at her. They are all standing in front of us in a line, all with inquisitive looks. "I think I'll choose the former option?" I ask and stay hidden behind Justin. "Yeah, I don't think so." I gasp in betrayal when Justin says that, how dare he?! "Justin! I trusted you!" I exasperate and he raised a 'seriously?' eyebrow. I dejectedly sigh and move from behind him with a bowed head, mumbling gibberish under my breath.

I stay there for a while staring at the green spades of grass. I could feel their gazes on me but instead choose to admire the beauty people take for granted, grass is really beautiful.

"Ahem." Nessa clears her throat and I finally look up at them.  They all raise their eyebrows and I slump in defeat. "Okay, fine! I was hungover." They all express different expressions of shock and disbelief. Well to be honest, that's the only excuse I had for them, I didn't think any further because well, I couldn't. How do you explain to your friends that you are suddenly a supernatural hybrid which shifts into a hideous creature and is being hunted by something? If you have a suggestion, pm me please.

The bell rings just as Ryan opens his mouth to speak and a grin stretches on my lips. "Welp, school has begun kids, time to fill those brains with knowledge!" I enthusiastically exclaim with a clap before turning around and walking away. That was close, I think with a relieved sigh.

Time for school, I guess. Ugh!

If it isn't my putsununu's!

I'm afraid you'll have to use Google translate for that, it also does xhosa apparently...

Anyway, howz you? Mez good thanks for asking. I had noticed that I didn't write about what happened after Saph asked Solda how to shift so I had to add the shifting scene. I  hope you enjoyed the chapter (apparently last chapter I said people can enjoy the chapter after they already read, but I fixed it so no worries!) And I hope to get some feedback!

I love you guys and stay safe!

Don't forget that orange star at the corner, I think it has a glitch or something so it'll help me if you check on it but just lightly tapping on it... Yes... There! You know what you, you are the bosomest person ever you! I love you to bits, always know that!

Hlahla🍏🍎