Chapter 4~ Rituals in the woods

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."~ Bernard M. Baruch

Third person POV.

"Wikkel daar in katoen,

Bind daar in liefde.

Beschrming tegen pijn,

Omringt als een handschoen.

De heldestre zegeningen die u deze nacht omringen,

Want u wordt versorgd genezende,

Gedachte op de vlutch gestuurd."

Sapphire's aunt chants in the foreign language, together with Emily and Eric. They're are trying by all means to make sure that Sapphire makes it through the ritual. Her being half witch and lycan, it is hard to make sure that all goes as smoothly and flawless as possible.

Though her demeanor is calm and collected, inside she is in turmoil. She has had years of training and knows what to do in the situation, but it seems much harder now that it really is occuring. Her sister, Sapphire's mother, would have been here right now, helping her with the ritual along with Emily and Eric.

Her sister's death brought nothing but regret to her. She regretted how she had not been there with her sister during her times of difficulty. As the older sister, she felt responsible for her younger siblings security.

She wasn't there when they were in danger and not was she there when they died. She hated herself immensely after that even though she knew her sister would tell her that none of it was her fault, she felt responsible for all the bad that happened to her sister during her absence. She was away touring the world whilst her sister was running from place to place to make sure that she was safe.

When finally things calmed down, and her sister was safe from danger, she made sure her sister was never far from her. She wanted to make sure that her sibling lived a life without all the joy in the world. She had promised to be there for her for the rest of their lives.

When her sister had Sapphire, she made sure that not only her sister, but her new family was safe and had a peaceful life. She wasn't there to save her nephew, the least she can do is make sure her niece has the best life.

Now as she stares at her neice, hot to the touch as if she would burn right in front of them and die this instance, she couldn't hold back the sadness and regret she felt. She wanted to make sure her only sister's child was safe and survived until she starts her own family and go through the same ritual with her by her side, helping her through each step. She wanted to teach her and train her of all things witch.

With that mentality, she put all her strength into the ritual. She wanted to see her the next day walking down the stairs and asking what's for breakfast as usual. She wanted to see her radiant smile and dark eyes full of wonder once more.

She knew, hell everyone knew how bad Sapphire had taken her parent's death. She might smile and act as though all was well, but being a witch for almost two hundred years makes you notice stuff easily. She had to act as the aunt who knew nothing as all these mortals did for her neice's sake. The only thing she had to do was be there for her, and make sure she survives this.

If this ritual success, maybe she'll forgive herself and work on making a much more stronger person of Sapphire; the last Evergreen.

How was it?? I really suck at writing in third person and this is the first time I wrote in third person so some help will do.

Enjoy the story guys and tell me how it is and thanks a bunch for the support, means a lot.

Love ya my lovelies
Hlahla🍏🍎