Chapter 10~ Beigli love

"The most important thing is to enjoy your life- it's all that matters." ~Audrey Hepburn.

"Wow." Emily breathed after Sapphire had stormed out. She was still in a daze, amazed by the power and dominance Sapphire had radiated, leaving all of them with bowed heads something they only experienced with her late uncle, and that only happened once.

She had always felt the power from her uncle because he was after all an alpha king, even though he never got the chance to be throned. He still held that dominant aura around him but it was not that strong, it was the type that made you respect him as a higher person than you. Sapphire was different, her dominance was strong even when she was not around them. They always felt like they should walk on eggshells around her, afraid of doing anything she found upsetting.

Her dominance demanded respect and security. Even though none of them had pointed it out, they knew they had woken up once or twice at night to go check if she was alright because it felt right. It didn't feel like they were being suppressed or anything. It wasn't like they had a spell put on them, it was like it was in their nature to feel and act that way. It felt natural, no novelty about it at all.

She had always knew that there was something special about Sapphire, besides the fact that she was a hybrid of two of the strongest bloods to exist. She knew Sapphire's destiny was bigger than being the heir of a throne, she felt like something bigger more prodigious than that awaited her but the problem was she didn't know what.

She looked around finally leaving her inner thoughts. Her mother was bent on the couch, her head in her hands whilst her father rubbed soothing circles on her back. She adores their relationship with the way they loved each other. Even though her mother was centuries older than their father, she still loved him and treated him as her equal. Their father being human was a shocker to many but that's how fate works. They fell in love at first sight whilst their mother was still on her traveling days. She had met William Davis in Hungary which was the last town she visited before going back home.

They had bonded by the love they had for the country and the mouth watering Beigli. It was love at first sight, which was something new to Meredith. She had stayed away from falling in love because she aged slower, the fear of losing someone you loved too much for her to commit. She had enjoyed the time spent in Hungary with William but when she heard her sister needed her she had left without a single glance back but the hollowness she felt put her in a state of languor.

She tried to take her mind off of the dark haired Adonis she had left behind but her sister had found out about her first love and she had demanded she go and get him back. Meredith had taken the first plane back to Hungary after two days of being away from him, she felt like it had been two years. When she had arrived at the hotel they had stayed in, she almost broke down crying when she found it empty, knowing fully well that he had left and there was no possibility of them ever meeting again.

The only thing that sparked her hope was remembering their conversations, him mentioning that he was flying to Italy in a few days. She knew it was a long stretch but she went to the airport, the sliver of hope she had of finding a flight booked for that day to Italy the only thing she had. When she got there, the flight was delayed so she sat there, the most anxious she has ever been. She was going to get to Italy and then what? She knew it would be a long stretch but she still sat on the very uncomfortable steel chairs hoping and wishing she manages to find William and fix whatever she had messed up. When someone whispered her name, the sound a delicate gasp. When she raised her head to look into the blue grey eyes of her love, the shock that ran through her was enough to send her heart skyrocketing. She had engulfed him in a hug, the feeling of warmth from his body enveloping her in a warm embrace. She knew that day that no matter what, she was going to love this man and be happy with him.

She had to go home though to her sister and William was more than willing to go back with her. They got married only a few weeks after and two years later, the twins were born. William was told of Meredith's true nature but the love he felt for the white haired beauty was too much for him to reject her.

He felt proud that she loved him enough to tell him such a secret and that made him love her more. The age difference was at the back of their minds because to everyone else, they were the same age but to prevent suspicion, Meredith had given him an aging potion to limit his ageing and even though he still aged, it was not as much as normal people. He still looked like he was not a day over thirty even though the fifty years he was chasing was soon to reach. She knew that he would get way to old to continue living even with the help of the potion but she only focused on him and their family, anything and everything in the back of their minds.

Now twenty two years later and they're still in love like teenagers.

"That, I was not expecting." Eric states and Emily hums in agreement. Besides her thoughts running wild, she still had a nagging at the back of her mind about Sapphire. Their parents had moved up to their bedroom living the twins alone at the living room. "I know bro. I've never seen such a thing before, not even read about it." She states and Eric sighs, "Mom says it's not normal."

Emily's head snaps to look at her brother almost giving herself a whiplash. "W-what?!" She exclaims in horror. "What do you mean 'not normal'?" Eric once again sighs and drops his head on his hands that are balanced on his knees. "Sapphire, the shift, the glow, the eyes- all of it. It's not normal." He states. Emily was stunned into place. She had known something was unusual with Sapphire's shift but she didn't dwell much on it because her mother was not worried about it. "Wh- Did mom research it? I mean it can't be that Sapphire is the only one to have such an occurrence, there must be history for it to occur, right?" She questioned. "No. She's been searching ever since the shift. I've helped her but nothing came up. It seems like she's the first to shift like that." He mumbled, rubbing his eyes in a lazy manner.

Emily couldn't believe it. It felt like the most terrible news had been reported to her and to be frank they were terrible news. How were they going to help Sapphire when something goes wrong without any guidance?

"Why am I only hearing about this now?" She asked her brother and he raised his head to look at his younger by seventeen minutes sister. "We didn't want to stress you." She scoffed, highly offended. "So you thought hiding such important details from me wouldn't stress me?" She questioned in bewilderment gazing at her brother's eyes and noting the exhaustion rimmed around them. "You wouldn't have taken it well, you're an open book Emily and Sapphire would have noticed if something was wrong." He reasoned. "So you're saying I'm incompetent? You mean to say that I'm too weak to handle problems?" She shouted her heart tightening uncomfortably in her chest. "Yes Emily! I'm saying you're not strong enough to handle such things and should work on yourself rather than trying to seem strong when you obviously aren't!" He exclaimed. She felt betrayed that her own brother would think so lowly of her, tears brimming and blurring her vision. The person who she thought understood her more than anyone else. Eric sat up straight reaching forward to his sister. "That's not what-" He started but Emily cut him off, flinching away from him. "No. Eric don't. You know exactly what you meant and I got the message loud and clear. I just thought you wouldn't think of me this way, brother." She whispered the last word and left him on the couch.

Eric felt awful. The way she had said her last word was like a dagger to his sould and he visibly flinched when she stormed out. He hadn't meant to make her upset but the words seemed to tumble out of his mouth without a barrier and the sob that teared through her mouth was heart wrenching.

"That was low Eric, even for you." His father stated before disappearing in the direction of his daughter's room.

*Sobs dramatically*

How dare you Eric! When I finally fell in love with you, you go and break my heart like this? Why, Eric. Why???

Any way guys here's one of the longest chapters I've ever written. A princess came to me and asked for a wish and me at the fairy godmother had to fullfil. ;)

I nearly cried at the last scene but it felt necessary so... Yeah.

Tell me what you think and stay safe 😘

Hlahla