Chapter 2~ party madness

"She stood in the storms and when the winds did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails" ~ Elizabeth Edwards.

We entered the kitchen and cheers went around the room.

"If it isn't the birthday girl herself!" Ryan hollers and my friends whoop and holler in agreement. I roll my eyes and smile at them, my friends.

Ryan Moss, Justin Vancouver, Nessa Seville and Logan Miller.

They are one of the people who are always wishing the best for me and are the people who were beside me through thick and thin and have never given up on me. They love me and same goes for me, I love them to the moon and back and I wouldn't trade them for anyone else. They all have their places in my heart and will forever do.

"And don't forget the party queen!" Amanda exclaims and does a hair flip, her gold locks shining as the light hits them.

"Oh shut up Knight." Ryan rolls his eyes as Amanda walks over to the island where the drinks are. "Fuck off Moss!" She snaps back and opens her beer. Ryan leans to her ear and whispers something which leads to her turning bright red. Ugh, lovebirds

"Get a room guys!" Logan exclaims and they all mumble in agreement. These two are always teasing each other whilst we're here. It's cute but disgusting when they begin playing tug of war with their tongues.

I move inside and place my empty bottle on the counter and lean against it before grabbing another one and popping it open. I won't say today is awesome but it's still not bad. I'm enjoying it actually. Having people I love around me is great enough for me to be able to smile better yet laugh.

When I'm with them it's not that hard to smile and be happy. They always manage to make me happy, that was the cause of my aunt's jealousy towards them. They made me smile two weeks after the incident whereas aunt had been trying to make me leave my room ever since the incident with no avail.

"How's the party darling?" Logan questions beside me. I nod my head and a smile graces my lips, "Better than I imagined."

He nods and sips on his beer. "How are you doing?" He asks, his piercing eyes searching my soul. I keep my smile intact and nod my head once more, "Better than I expected." I answer and look around the room, avoiding his gaze.

It's so crowded yet there are plus minus thirty people, and to think they wanted more people. The incident had a lot of effect than I had anticipated. When I said I wanted less people at my party they agreed easier than I thought, even Amanda.

I glance at Logan to find him looking at me with a doubting expression. I look at his eyes and hold his gaze. He doesn't falter but raises an eyebrow as if to question if I'll handle this challenge.

I hold his gaze and make sure he gets the message. He smirks and crosses his arms, I follow suit and cross my arms. The stare off goes in for a few seconds before he starts to grow impatient. I smirk and continue looking at him.

A few minutes later he let's out a defeated sigh and uncrosses his arms. A victory smirk forms on my lips and I take a sip of my Savannah. "You might be a jock but you'll never defeat me in a staring contest." I counter and he solemnly nods before a grin stretches on his lips. "But you can't deny the fact that I can make you smile even if you don't want to." My mind snaps and I realise that I have a huge smile on my lips and its not forced. It's a genuine smile.

I weakly smile and nod in agreement. Logan is my guy best friend and is somewhat a male Amanda. He can easily lift my spirit, without me even noticing. How he or Amanda manage to do it is still a mystery to me but one mystery I don't want to find out.

~~~time skip~~~

"Goodnight birthday girl!" Amanda shouts her goodbye and I smile and wave at her from the couch. It's currently 10pm right now and many people have already left since it is school tomorrow. I'm not complaining, in fact I'm happy because a few extra hours with too many people in the house and my head would've exploded.

The door closes with a soft bang and a sigh escapes my lips. Silence, finally!

Eric and Emily, my twin cousins stay with me and we chill over beers and small talk. I notice that they have become quiet, too quiet. Which is very much unusual.

What got me curious is their behavior. They check their watches, glance at each other, sigh and take a sip of their beverage.

Check the time.

Look at each other.

Sigh.

Sip.

Repeat.

After a few minutes of the same routine, I get fed up. I open my mouth but get disturbed by my aunt's voice.

"What the fuck Eric and Emily?!" She shouts and her eyes become ablaze. "Why are you still here?!" The twins sigh and Eric speaks up, "Chill mom, we're gonna go soon."

"Chill? Chill?! You want me to chill when you're risking my only sister's child?!" She booms and I swear some objects rattle at the sound, even I flinched.

What does she mean by risking her sister's child? What risk are they taking about? Why am I in danger in the first place?

Questions swarm my mind but none of them leave my mouth. Aunt charges up the stairs with a set of curse words, others in a foreign language.

I stand there dumbfounded. I look at the twins and their faces are contorted in frustration. I open my mouth to ask what's happening but I'm cut short by Emily's voice, "Grab a coat and wait by the car." She instructs me and I shake my head. "I'm not going anywhere until someone explains what the fuck is happening." I state and cross my arms looking them in their eyes.

Eric sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. "Saph just grab your coat and we'll explain later." He reasons but I ignore him. "No I'm not go-" I start but am cut short once more.

"Now Sapphire." Aunt growls, appearing in the room holding a small bag. I sigh and grab my coat, shrugging it on before being whisked away by my aunt.

We enter the car and aunt speeds away. We slow down after a few minutes and I check our surroundings to find that were by the forest out of town. I'm shocked as how we got here so fast but I guess driving by 180 in a 120 km/h road does that. I check behind us and there aren't any sirens. How that's possible is a mystery.

Aunt gets out and grabs her bag before walking towards the forest. I look at the twins and they nod their heads for me to go on. I follow close behind aunt and we walk for a few minutes. I check the time and its currently 11:40. My mom always told me a story at 11:59 on my birthday. I was born at 11:59 on an autumn night. Mom said it was one of the best days of her and dads life.

When I was old enough to understand mom started telling me a story about a lycan prince and his family. How they were attacked by enemies and how his parents died but he managed to survive. It was an interesting story but I never believed in that fae stuff, nor that the supernatural exist. When my parent died the story was at a part where the prince lost his son after years of trying to protect him. It was sad and I did shed a few tears. Only for me to lose my storyteller. I wish I could know how the story continues and if the prince forgave himself and moved on with his life, because it wasn't his fault at all.

I would always see the way mom would be sad when she told a sad part, or get angry when things went bad. Or how her eyes would light up when it was a happy or exciting moment, as if she had lived through the story, but that's not possible because the story started back in the eighteenth century, and my mom was only 40 when she died, so that wouldn't be possible.

Such things wouldn't happen in real life, they're just nice stories to tell kids at night.

"We're here."

Here's another chapter guys, hope you like it. I had a writers block and nothing came to mind until I was stuck in a room with my two hungover cousins. Can you imagine?!

Well then read and enjoy and do have a nice day of whatever-it-is South African in Monday 16 December!

Please vote and comment

Hlahla🍎🍏