Chapter 11~ Tears and arrows

Warning!!: There is  swearing in this chapter so if you're sensitive, I apologise in advance. Anyway please continue reading and enjoy!

🐺🐺

Sapphire's POV

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you will always long to return." ~Leonardo da Vinci

"Ahh!!!"

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK HAPPENED TO ME?!

I stared at my reflection with pure horror written all over my face in bold letters. It was horrid. My face was so white, the freaking north pole would be jealous. My hair was a complete contrast to my skin and was so black it stood out in the night sky like a rainbow wig. My teeth were extremely sharp, I  was afraid of even closing my mouth and ending up with bleeding gums, which led me to sitting there with an awkwardly open mouth but that's not the point. What got me though we're my eyes.

Green.

My eyes were fucking green!

How did any of this happen?

My thoughts were running wild. I couldn't even think properly, my mind a jumbled mess.

"Shush don't cry. Please don't cry." The voice whispered in my head in a pleading manner and that's when I noticed the tears rolling down my cheeks in gentle streaks. It's funny how tears can be so gentle whilst the reason they're there is nothing but hurt. It's like they're silently mocking you for having such a terrible life whilst things as useless as salt water are having it easy. The more reason I don't cry very often.

"You don't have to cry, it'll all go away. You just have to shift back to normal and all will be great."

"How can I not cry when I'm like this? What would you do if you woke up and you looked like this huh?!" I screamed in frustration, flailing my hands gesturing to myself. Great now I'm screaming at myself. Can life get any better?

"Well, technically you didn't wake up like this so..."

"That's not the fucking point!"

"Ok then, tell me the point."

"Fuck you, whoever you are! I h-hate y-you!" My voice cracked at the end. I was so frustrated and confused it hurt. I don't know what's happening to me, my appearance is fucked up, my mind is fucked up. My whole life is just a fucking mess.

Why did I have to be the one to lose my parents, couldn't it be anyone, anyone but me? What did I ever do for me to be punished so deeply. If mom or dad were here, they would've known what to do or even if they didn't know what to do, they would at least know how to comfort me and tell me all will be good, even if they also knew that's impossible.

Sobs racked through my body and for the first time in two years, I cried.

I cried for my parents something I didn't even bother with after their death. I cried for my aunt and her family for struggling with me but still never gave up. I cried for my friends who were there for me through my rollercoaster of a life but still stuck by me. I cried so much but most of all, I cried for me.

I cried about all the pain I've faced in the two years without my parents. I cried for all the bad and good that happened to me. I cried because of my regrets and mistakes. I cried for everything and anything because, well because I could.

My cries came to halt when i heard the snap of a twig not so far ahead. "We have to go Sapphire. As much as I know that you're strong, we can't risk it, you're yet to know how to use and control your strength and powers."