Chapter 3~ volcanic ice

"Success is most often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable." ~ Coco Chanel

"We're here."

I look up at aunt's announcement and see a clear spot with grass and dandelions covering the area. I gasp when fireflies appear on the night sky, adorning the night in glimmering gold lights. It's gorgeous when they mix with the stars, making it seem like a painting by Micheal Angelo.

I look down at aunt and the twins and they're busy huddled in a circle. Aunt is taking out things from her bag. She takes out bottles, ointments and herbs in different sizes and shapes.

I feel myself becoming nauseous and dizzy. I guess the alcohol was stronger than I thought. I close my eyes to regain myself when I start swaying. I'm never drinking again.

As soon as I open my eyes, my body heat begins to rise, in an inhumanly manner. It feels like I'm burning deep in the fires of hell itself. Drops of sweat roll down my forehead and spine. I take off my coat and the shirt I was wearing, leaving me in a tank top.

I feel myself losing the heat to a point where I start to become cold. My skin gains goosebumps at the sudden drop of temperature and a shiver racks my body violently. My breathing comes out in clouds and my teeth start to chatter against each other.

I pick up my coat and wrap it around my shoulders at least to try and reduce the cold but the coldness intensifies to the point that it feels like my organs are freezing up. My stomach drops to my ankles at the sudden invasion of coldness.

It rises up to my lungs, causing my breaths to come out in short deep pants. As it continues to consume my body, fear grips me and I start hyperventilating in hopes to reduce the pain it causes. My muscles begin to scream in agony and a strangled groan rumbles from my throat.

My aunt's gaze snaps in my direction and her eyes widen in shock and worry. "Oh my go- Sapphire! Sapphire are you okay?! What's wrong honey, talk to aunt!" She questions frantically rushing to my side. I open my mouth to answer but a scream reverberates in the silent forest, scaring the sleeping animals.

"What time is it? We're still early. There's 10 minutes to go before she even feels anything." Emily rambles, rushing over to my side as well. "She's not fully witch, you must keep that in mind." Eric says consoling his sister.

What do they mean fully witch? I'm not a witch to begin with.

"Quickly, lay her down. We must begin the ritual now or something will go wrong." Aunt instructs in a calm voice. Eric picks me up and takes me to the place they were all huddled in and placed me on a blanket that was spread there.

As soon as I lay down, my body burns as if I was thrown into a volcano. My body jerks up at the sudden pain and a piercing scream leaves my lips. My body feels like it's on fire, yet my insides are colder than the Arctic.

Aunts starts drawing something on my face with some ointment and it helps the searing hotness of my skin. I lean into her hand in hopes of releasing more of the pain caused by the heat. She mumbled soothing words to comfort me but they do nothing to ease the pain.

After a few minutes she finishes and they form a huddle above, holding each others hands. A rustling as if someone is rushing here snaps my tired gaze towards it. There emerges uncle with a frantic expression. He hurries to our side and kneels besides aunt.

"OK then, let's begin." She breathes and they join hands. A searing pain goes through my chest as it feels like my heart is melting and freezing up at the same time. A scream of pure agony leaves my lips before darkness covers my vision.

Chapter 3. Hope you guys enjoy and please vote and comment.

Hlahla🍎🍏