Here and Already Causing Trouble

It has been three days since you got a new member to your little group. Three days since Benjamin joined. Now you did not yourself have a problem with the man. However, he was always fighting the guards, shrieking, flailing, spitting, and biting unless you were there right next to him.

You had no idea what his deal was. It was not just you either, he was like that with all females. Be they Nurses, Doctors, or even other patients. For some reason, the female gender greatly calmed him down when the male gender absolutely drove him nuts.

He almost never said anything either. It was always sounds like whines, growls, groans or others. The only words he ever did use were simple and not very long. So NO, YES, and OK.

On his second day of being at the institute Doctor, Valeski explained why he acted the way he did to the group, why he was always calm around girls and spastic around men.

He told you that he did some research and discovered that he was raised on a remote farm by his Grandmother, his mother, and his two older sisters.

He did not go into much detail as he probably was not allowed to be telling even this, but what you got from the gist of it was that they made him do bad things to other people. When they were all caught they sent him here to see if he could be rehabilitated.

He said he told you this because since you were a mostly male group that he might be moved to a little more gender even group, but he may not as well. However, he was talking with one of the other Doctors about taking Ben in their group and it seemed like they would agree.

You hoped that whatever happened he would be treated well. You did not want anything bad to happen to the poor man, and it seemed like you and the Doctor were the only ones in the group that would tolerate him.

- -

You and Elliot tended to your flowers in the courtyard. You hummed a quiet tune as you pulled weeds from the soil, getting the places where Elliot could not.

Every now and then he would huff silently at the ground. You were not sure if it was because he was annoyed with the humming you were making, or if he was actually trying to hum along with your little tune. Either way, you found it cute.

You were sad because you knew they would all die soon. Considering that the winter was fast approaching, it was not quite there yet but it was coming. Every day it got colder in the courtyard.

That was ok though. For every day you treasured helping your new friend with his little hobby, and every day it seemed like he was warming up to you more and more. Showing more emotion and actually following you wherever you went.

It was relieving because for a while you were afraid that it would be a one-sided relationship. That Elliot only really tolerated your presence because you helped him with his garden.

However, since you now had him following you around everywhere, it was made a problem with Benjamin who started doing the exact same thing to you.

The problem was, Elliot did not like Benjamin following the two of you around everywhere. It was a little weird because he never growled or snapped at any of the other group members when they came up to talk to you, Mostly to antagonize you.

Maybe it was because he was more used to them? Or maybe it was because he always wanted to follow you around, and Elliot was doing that first.

That is why your heart sank when an excited Ben suddenly jumped down next to you and grabbed your arm, wanting you to follow him.