Home at Last

" Detective... I don't understand what your trying to tell me. Can you please explain it again?" You asked quietly, not even meeting his gaze as you looked out of the window. You were in the passenger seat of his car as he drove you down your hometown, closer and closer to home.

It had been about a day since they took you from the Asylum, and all the time had been spent driving back home. You were scared and nervous, but mostly sad.

You could not get your friends off of your mind, you had grown so close to them. Being ripped away from them so quickly was heartbreaking. You just could not get their tears and cries out of your head.

" Everything that the Doctors told you was a lie Y/N. They knew you were innocent, but you were perfect for an experiment they were trying. What would happen if they brought an innocent girl, and put them in a group with the most dangerous men there? would it change them?" He said. You could barely process what he was saying to you.

" So... they caused the crime so they could commit me?" You said, your chest constricting with rage. All those times Doctor Valeski smiled at you, said he was trying to help you, but he was an evil man that caused this whole time? Detective Dolin inhaled deeply through his nose.

" No... the real criminal is still out there skulking in the shadows somewhere. The institution simply saw the case, and took control." He stated. That still was not any better in your opinion. If anything worse since the true person who did the crime was still on the loose. They could be out there hurting people right now.

" And the whole time I was there... was just for an experiment?" You asked even quieter, afraid that if you spoke any louder you might just lose it.

" Yes... everything that happened to you there was all planned out by facility. Everything that went wrong to you in there, Benjamin, Olivia, the Guard that tried to rape you. Every time the guards just seemingly disappeared when you needed them most. All of it was planned by the institution to see how it would affect your relationship with your group.

" How do you know all of this?" You swiveled your head in his direction quickly. Giving him a deep, hard stare. He glanced at you with his dark brown eyes for a split second before turning his gaze to the road again.

" We placed an undercover cop in there six years ago when we first got suspicions of what went on there, However, they kept their secrets so tightly locked up that he could barely get any information, and it would take him a long time to relay it to us. when you came it created an opening for him to get all the information he needed and even though it took a really long time. He was able to get it out and back to us... and we were able to finally bring you home." He got quiet again.

" Who was the mole." You asked. A smile quickly spread on his face and he glanced at you for a second again. Reaching up and scratching at the black fuzz at his chin.

" Do you remember Henry?" He asked in a mischievous voice and you practically jumped. Looking at him with wide and shocked eyes.

" What?! But he made himself out to be really mean and dangerous because I crossed him!" You exclaimed and the Detective chuckled at your reaction.

" He had to." Was Dolin's reply. " He had to make sure he fit the part of his act. Or else the Institution would have killed him and erased all evidence of him being there... He actually wanted me to tell you he was sorry for making you so uncomfortable and afraid. But you helped him bring down a corrupt organization Y/N. Even if you don't realize how you did, you did. You helped a lot of people." He tried to cheer you up.

You could not be though. You were so hurt, you had been so hurt. All against your will you were locked in an asylum for almost four years. You were eighteen years old when you were committed, you were now almost twenty-two.