Joshua's memories Part 2

Warning Dirty dreams in this chapter!

The little boys ran through the woods as if their lives depended on it. Because it did. They ran as fast as their little legs could carry them as the shouting figure of their father ran after them.

" When I catch you! I'm going to tear you limb from limb and make your mother watch!" He screamed at them. He was slowly catching up to them. That was alright though, they were getting closer to where they needed to be. They were almost there.

Their lungs burned from the running. Though they could not stop whatsoever. Joshua's heart pounded with fear. What if this did not work?

Joshua's leg caught on a branch and he sprawled to the ground. Jack stopped and looked at him with wide frightened eyes. But Joshua waved his hand for him to continue running. He rolled to the side so that he was under the cover of a bush and Jack continued running just as their father stormed right passed his hiding spot.

His leg stung a bit from the branch, it was most likely bleeding. He watched as the shadow of his father disappeared in the distance after Jack. He needed to catch up!

He rolled away from the bush and sprung to his feet, running after the Rampaging adult. It had been three days since they had come up with this plan. Three days for them to work up the guts to do this. However, he made it all too easy. After he put their mother in the hospital for breaking both of her legs and three ribs. They had no doubts whatsoever that this had to be done.

They simply just threw one of his empty beer bottles at him. Making sure that it shattered over his head. That was all it took for them to get him to chase them through the woods. The first part of the plan was complete. He ran up and stopped, they were at the spot. Their father had Jack cornered against a steep hill.

" There you are, you little bastard. Where's your brother, we can't have fun without him." Their father spit out. Not hearing the footsteps until it was too late.

He turned around just as Joshua charged into him, slicing at his ankle with a kitchen knife. The man toppled to his knees with a cry of pain. Together, the two boys pushed him over the edge as he was down. Leaning over and watching as he tumbled over sharp rocks, screaming out in pain before landing on the bed of sharp stick and broken beer bottles that they had planted into the ground.

His body landed on them with a crunch. He layed there, twitching for a moment as blood pooled up around him. Then, his body went limp. The two boys carefully slid down the hill. Using a shovel to dig up dirt from the hill and cover it over their father's corpse.

It was past midnight now, and the deed was done. Jack's eyes were wide and full of feral hunger. Joshua... Joshua did not feel anything. No happiness, nor anger.

He followed his brother home, walking slowly behind him while still carrying the bloody kitchen knife. He followed his brother, while he hummed a lullaby.

- -

" Hey, boys! I was thinking maybe later we could go down to the park and play some baseball!" Their stepfather Dennis said excitedly to the two twelve-year-old boys. He got the same answer he always did. One wide-eyed cold stare, and one half-lidded bored expression.

Dennis moved his eyes around in awkwardness, stumbling with the next few words to try and come out. He eventually just gave up and closed the door behind him as he left. The brothers returned to what they usually did. Sitting in silence.

No one had ever found the body of their father. They got rid of all the tools they used for the job, and by some miracle, they happened to get away with it. Their mother healed up and with the threat of their father gone, was able to use her secret bank account to move them to a new town to start a new life.