Elliot's story part 3

Night had fallen, the family avoided Elliot for the whole rest of the day. he had never been so aggressive before and that had scared them. They left him to work under the hot sun all day and way into the night.

All-day Elliot growled while he filled the bags. having enough anger to carry two at a time as he carried them to the truck. Throwing them in so angrily that some bags broke open and the corn spilled out.

At one point and time, he thought he might have even cracked the back window. He did not care though. he was too angry. Elliot did not understand a lot. He never got any education, the only thing he knew how to do was work in the fields. He did know though that this was not how he should be treated.

He had been treated like this his whole life. He did not know any other way of being treated. However, he did know that he had now just reached his limit.

The sky was dark and the stars twinkled brightly in the night sky. The air was cold but he was still warm from moving around and carrying the heavy bags. He had just tossed another bag in the already full truck when Craig and his smallest brother Trevor walked up.

" Boy, your harvesting too much! Stop right now!" Craig shouted at him, and he did. He simply dropped the bag he picked up and let the contents spill out.

He turned, standing at his full height and turning or to look at his papa and brother. The twelve-year-old gulped nervously at the dark glare from those angry brown eyes.

Elliot huffed one more time. he'd rather stay out here and work all night than go back into the cellar. He leaned down and picked up the bag again, tossing it into the truck as Craig shouted at him again.

Elliot ignored him as he grabbed the last bag, ignoring the approaching footsteps of his angry father. He growled out a cry as he was struck with aa heavy stick. It cracked or his head and snapped slightly.

He lifted his hands up and gripped at his hurting head. Letting out tiny whimpers of pain as it pulsed under his fingers. He thought it might start bleeding any second now.

" You do what I tell you to do when I tell ya to do it! Ya hear me boy?! Sixteen years old and you cant even listen properly! Thought you would have learned by now that when you don't listen you get punished!" Craig continued yelling at him. Continuing to beat the big stick over the giants back.

He continued to hit him been after he fell to his hands and knees in the dirt. The air was filled with the sounds as the heavy wood met Elliot's solid back.

Trevor stood in the back, his hands hovering in the air as he watched his father beat Elliot. Not helping but not doing anything to stop it either. Elliot's pupils contracted slightly as this continued. his whimpers of pain turning into loud growls.

Elliot shot to his feet, grabbing the stick before it could strike him again. At his full height, Craig already had to tilt his head back slightly to meet his eyes. Elliot bared his teeth at his father. His cuts reponing again and spilling blood into his teeth.

He tightened his hand around the big heavy stick. making it crack as his father looked into his angry brown eyes. His own lighter brown eyes filled with horror.

Trevor screamed as the broken stick was yanked out of his father's hands. The giant hit it against his father's head so hard that the entire branch, that was thicker than Craig's arm shattered against him.

Blood and splinters flew everywhere as the man went down. Trevor turned around and sprinted to the house. Craig's body twitched on the ground as blood leaked out of his split-open head. Elliot's brown eyes lifted to the running kid. He roared, chasing after the smaller child, his feet thundering against the ground as he did.