STAGNANT THOUGHTS

~Action expresses priorities.
-Mahatma Gandhi

I think I've lost all of my brain cells at this moment just by sitting here staring at the wall. Everything happened so fast, and I still couldn't process it all. Staring was the only thing that kept my brain alive.

I hadn't moved off the couch after much thinking about what Vincent said about my parents and him coming back to me. It was too much to take in knowing this was all my parents' fault. They had sold me. Who knew how long it had been since this happened, since they sold me to a possessive control freak, a fucking workaholic? Truth be told, I'm just going with what the internet says and Tina.

It was morning. The sun pierced its way through the little window, making some light pass through. There were heels clicking on the tiled floor. My head snapped to Tina, who was dressed in a tight sequins' spaghetti strap dress that was mid-thigh. Her hair was all messy and so was her makeup. The bright red lipstick was a smudge on her lips and a few that wiped on her cheeks, causing me to look at her in distaste.

She swayed her hips from side to side on the way, taking off her heels and plopping beside me on the couch. I sighed, pushing myself up, going to the kitchen to get her a glass of water and aspirin as last night's memories played over in my head like a record and one part that was actually stuck drove me crazy.

"You know Tina," I said, taking back a seat right beside her, "You should stop doing this to yourself." She peeked one eye open taking the water and aspirin.

"You know Laura, it's not easy for me. It has been rough these past few weeks," she sighed, resting her face on my lap. I could feel the dampness on my legs, but I let her cry while patting her head in a gentle way. She stared up at me, and I felt a pang in my chest. My best friend was broken, and I couldn't do anything but comfort her. I couldn't take away the pain that she was feeling.

I watched the tears traced down her cheeks. I knew she couldn't hold it any longer while she trembled in my arms clutching on to my pajamas. A great sob escaped her, and she covered her face with shaking hands. My eyes were filled to the brim with tears, a single tear followed by another until I couldn't count them anymore.

Constant sniffing echoed through the house of both the hurt and distressed. With glossy eyes, Tina looked up at me before engulfing me in a tight hug. "I'm glad that you were here," she said through hiccups as more tears came, more thoughts whirled through my head.

"You shouldn't stress yourself over that asshole. Honestly, he's not that good-looking either." Her eyes brimmed with tears, the smile tugging at her lips broke into a grin, and I couldn't help but grin also. She let out a yawn, stretching her limbs, looking around groggily.

"Tell me what's up and why were you staring at the wall like a lunatic?" I chuckled, moving a strand of her blonde hair that was fading to its original Chestnut color.

"Well......" I started by explaining everything that had occurred last night, which I still can't come to the conclusion that it was real.

She squealed at me, engulfing me in a bone-crushing hug. "Can't breathe, can't breathe" she pulled away, giving me one of her smiles that reached up to her ears before it disappeared with a tired yawn. Her eyes shut on their own while her body sank deeper into the couch.

I furrowed my eyebrows looking at the man's jacket that I hadn't noticed flung over the arm of the couch. I smirked evilly and apologized for what I had planned next.

"Tina, how and when did you get back here?" She jolted up looking around dazed and confused. I had to stifle a laugh. She pouted at me and I had to burst out laughing at how cute she looked doing that. She slapped my arms playfully, but I faked hurt and winced, "Ouch!" She rolled her eyes and answered my question.