DINNER WITH THE BASTARD

~I've never seen
a side of you that hates me
or a side that has its doubts.
-Chris LaRocca

It's been nearly four days since I've been here and my relationship with that bastard wasn't great. He would ordinarily watch me keenly from the dinner table, or he would just address me for being childish. After our awkwardness, he would take off, not caring to tune in to what I had to say.

The housekeeper that I met the other day. I haven't seen her since that night. It gave me the chills considering that he had murdered her or had her work here against her will.

My fundamental objective was to escape, which appeared to be futile. The mansion was intensely protected from anything or anybody. Being wealthy simply implies overwhelming protection. My escapes weren't working out, and I wasn't aiming to stop at anything, but his chauffeur told me to stop fighting on getting away, so I ceased all my escape plans for now. But I didn't want to be where I needed to go out. I was bored out of my mind of being in this mansion for so long. I needed to walk down the road to visit the bridge, so I could talk to all the people I usually communicate with.

I strolled down the staircase, making my way to the front door, calling out to the chauffeur, named Luke. He stood close to one of the guards locked in a discussion. I swiftly went to him. The guard strolled away when they saw me approaching.

"Ms. Smith, do you wish for anything?" Luke inquired casually. "Take me to Vincent please. I need to see him." He gestured, strolling to the front door, opening it. Once we were out, he walked me to the car and opened it with a speedy gesture. I got in and remained calm for the ride to the company.

I was welcomed by a different assistant. She had blonde hair, blue eyes, and screamed typical all over by the way she dressed. I strolled right past her, overlooking the steady yelling behind me saying there was a meeting and I shouldn't go in.

But did I tune in to what she said? No, I didn't. I went straight to the door.

Pushing the door wide open, I was met by four pairs of eyes. "You.And you out now." I pointed at the men who were all in business suits. They looked at each other, giving each other befuddling looks. Looking at Vincent for permission to go, he cocked a brow at them, as if that was a sign go. They got up and took off. The clicking of the heels on the floor notified me the blonde was still strolling, so I bolted the door. Sometime recently, she seemed to be trying to open the door but gave up.

He leaned back in his chair, hands laced tightly over his torso, considering me, "Tame aren't you? To fly in here in here like you've claimed my office" I scowled observing his movement. He was beautifully solid and built-in his suit. No wonder ladies dribbled over him and men who were desirous of his vigorous highlights.

"I wouldn't say the same thing to you after you broke into my apartment and watched me from the shadows like a maniac." He grinned at me, indicating his hands to one of the many chairs for me to require "And like I said, I didn't break into your apartment. I took the front entryway like every normal human being would do," he says, putting emphasis on human beings. "And what on the off chance that I am in fact a psychopath?" I ignored his question, taking a seat. I put my feet on his work area while he watched me for a few minutes before going back to his laptop. I was shocked by how I wandered out because it was just a plain t-shirt, sweatpants and slides. I wonder why I got all those disgusted looks.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you were crazy. You've proven to me that you were indeed one when you kidnapped me. I would not be surprised if you told me you were a mad man. You've demonstrated to me that you simply are, in fact, within the short time I've known you. One you captured me and two for not letting me go out." He completely ignores me and hums as his final answer. I let out a mumble looking at the files, but before me, he appeared not to care about my feet on his desk, so I started to examine one of his files thoroughly.

"You make millions a day but appear not to take note of a slight mistake in one basic file." I simply chuckled, throwing it back on the table, making my way to lay comfortably on the couch.

"Why are you here to address me on how to run my business or to destroy my day?" He finally talked. I got energized and hopped off the sofa and into the chair. "Well, clearly I'm bored, and no, I didn't come here to disturb his majesty." His shining eyes were settled intently on one spot.

I frowned and brought down my eyes for being foolish enough to come here and try to engross myself in a conversation with him. Getting any reply from him is truly difficult. Since I needed somebody to converse with, he was the only person that came to mind. Tina was either too busy or Luke and the guards would just completely say that conversing with me wasn't part of their 'job'. I thought as well, considering he would really need to be friends with me, but he didn't truly care about being friends with somebody like me mean. He clearly had a high-profile that he lived up to, and I was so not up to his standards, so I brought one to the table that would trigger him off.

"You're said to be the most smoking bachelor in the world." He rolled his eyes, laying his head back on the chair, letting them shut on their own, and appeared to be snoozing, but that was his way of going into deep thought."I won't put my standards with people who don't have any sort of classification like me, and I will not be categorized with men that do the bare minimum," he said obtusely. He considers himself as God, but others do believe that he may be one of the nusiness world. He disparages everybody around him, since he's well aware that he has control over others. He has awesome control which no one might ever take. And either way, he would not give up his position of authority to anybody.

"People call you King, but you aren't. People see you as a ruler, but you aren't. You aren't a ruler in my eyes. You're an egotistical, pompous bastard that doesn't care about others' well-being, seeing that I have as it was known you for a week and a half, and putting down people isn't what real Kings do. Kings back the lives of his people They do not put them down and classify themselves with other people. It's like ransacking people from their words. As far as I know, you do not grant momentary chances. You'd rather them crumble under your immense power." He opened his eyes and looked at me. His eyes were darker this time.

"I'll see you at home. Please see yourself out. I have work that needs to be finished." I chuckled and wiped an undetectable tear, tearing up pieces of paper and tossing them at him. His eyes developed a darker shade of blue each time I tossed something. The vein in his neck popped in anger. My chuckling filled the room as he looked at me. "Get. Out. Laura."

"Get out Laura," I taunted him, as I snickered harder. "You have been saying that for three hours. Look at that you missed your lunch break." His eyes got darker, rapidly bouncing out of the chair and gulping the huge lump that had now formed in my throat. I took steps back, hitting the cool glass windows in seconds and my body immediately shivered.

"I think I should go," I stammered while he strolled up to me. His lips were plastered in a playful smirk. He detected my fear, my uneasiness, the bile that played in the pit of my stomach was ready to be discharged. "Laura, I've been saying that for over forty-five minutes now." I grin cheekily. My body was trembling, vulnerable to his intense gaze. He drew closer. The fragrance of his cologne trapped my mind in a maze and I had no reason to think it was going this wild.

I recorded his eyes and body movement with eagerness and looked away with a beating heart. Recollections of my father attempting to assault me overflowed my mind, my body was throbbing from fear I slipped down the walls crying. Holding onto my head, crying out for help and shout the pain of my body being beaten with a crane burn my skin that was being carried in his arms the delicate sofa was depleted of my body. I deny opening my eyes whereas its warm sensation engulfs me in a deep slumber.

I woke up in the pitch-black room, my body daunted when I felt too overwhelmed to lift my arms. The shadow was untouchable at the window. Taken after a man, I was in fear of the curtain blowing, and the sound of the trees howling made it scarier into the night. The shadow took after my father, taking enormous strides towards me as I shouted, pulling the cover over my head, shaking wildly.

The lights came on and I quickly got out of bed as I faltered back, nearly falling on my butt. Arms ped around my back and went down my abdomen. He drew me close to his body, transmitting warmth and consolation, and the scent of his cologne made me know it was no other than him to drive my body this sort of way.