CHAPTER 37

~I never made a mistake
in my life; at least,
never one that I couldn't
explain away afterward.
-Rudyard Kipling

"Venice, get back here!" I groaned watching as she ran through the living room to the kitchen. "So, you're telling me the reason he divorced you was to protect you from Sarah? That makes sense to me," Tina said, plopping a chip in her mouth while she eyed me. I heaved out a sigh, giving up.

"Mom, I don't wish to see that man!" Vince said, looking deeply into my eyes, he doesn't get to choose on this. "If you wish to have 'that man' filing for custody over us then I'd advise you to fetch your sister." "If he does then, I'll let you know that I'll have his hea-"

"If you wish to have your head, you won't dare finish that sentence," I sighed and stooped down to his level where he sat on the couch. "Vince, I know it'll be hard, but just accept him for today." "Fine. But just to let you know, if he tries anything, I'm not going easy.

"I give up, this girl is too energetic," I slumped down on the couch when Tina chuckled. "We are not going to see that father of yours Venice if you don't come." This should help. I could hear small feet running and shouting.

"I don't see why she protested on seeing that 'father'. We saw him two days ago, and he even spoke to her on the phone," Vince stated, looking at some papers he took out of his backpack a few minutes ago.

"Mother please, I packed a few extra pieces of clothing" I raised a brow in question at her, resting my hands on my hips. "Why are the extra pieces of clothing needed?" She sat comfortably on the couch and put on her shoes while she spoke, "I thought you and Father had dealt with all of your differences, and we'd stay there after all you guys did, right?" What gave her the idea that Vincent and I sorted out anything? We only added more gasoline to the fire, recalling him telling me to kill him.

"As much as I'm not close to my father and would love to get out of this place," He eyed Tina up and down, scrunching his nose in distaste. "From that weirdo over there," he motioned his hands over to Tina, who seemed not to care about our conversation at all. "I don't believe they have worked out their little catfight, which rarely seems unnecessary. All father has to do is give mother an explanation and a solid apology." I shook my head in agreement with what Vince had to say, Venice, on the other hand, sighed and posed herself in a more professional way and spoke.

"Mother, on the other hand, does owe father one" Vince was about to protest, but she held her hands up, closed her eyes, then reopened them staring daggers at him. "Indeed, father was gravely wrong in his misdoings, and I strongly believe there was something behind his actions. On the contrary, mother hid us away for eight years. If you fit your foot into father's shoes eight years ago and now, you can see that he looks more like the dead version of himself than he was the last time mother saw him." She was in fact right about this. We were both wrong, but it wasn't me who caused this.

"Father caused it all and needs to fix all of what he did end of discussion." Venice smile faded from her face, scoffing at her brother, I knew that this wouldn't end, and I had to come up with something fast. "Well, would you look at the time?" I looked at the clock that was not working and mouthed goodbye to Tina, locking the front door.

"Who's excited about seeing their father?" I asked with a bit of excitement, and I myself wasn't even feeling well enough to see him after our 'fight'.

"Me!" Venice clapped her hands excitedly, receiving an eye roll from Vince. "Not me, just let us get it over with," Vince wore a bored expression on his face while he walked to the lift, leaving us behind.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************