CHAPTER 38

~Being deeply loved by someone
gives you strength while
loving someone deeply gives you courage.
-Author Unknown

I awoke to soft sheets, and the morning light trickled in through the blinds. Shedding myself of the remaining glimpses of a dream, my eyes were still shut as I soaked in the warmth of my covers before letting my eyes see the sun's rays. I felt around only to find the spot beside me empty, sometimes I do wonder if I'm actually dreaming but this was no dream at all.

I looked around and indeed I was in his room, The wind that blew past me had given me shivers,  doors to the balcony were open and a human figure could be seen. I knew it was him the tattoo of Venice's name was on his back, the name he said he wouldn't forget because it he'd so many memories and it was important for him to never forget that name so I named our daughter Venice. I never thought he'd be happy about it.

I heard a strange sound, something I hadn't heard in months. At first, it didn't seem real to me, it was something distant from the past. It was the first time in nearly eight years I've heard in him laugh and it momentarily stunned me.

"You're laughing!" I whispered gaining both of their attention. "So it's true what they say about him not showing any sort of emotion," Vince inquired looking between both and me before exiting the room. "You know that's not true," he rolled his eyes calling me over. "I do smile once in a while when I see you happy." I exhaled with relief when reaching outside wrapping my arms around my frail body to keep me warm from the morning breeze. The air felt fresh and new; a gentle breeze caressed my skin sending chills all around my body. Vincent looked at me then averted his eyes back to whatever he was looking at. He once again smiled and leaned his head on my shoulders.

I never wanted to question him on why it was so special to him all I know that it made him smile, and I love to see him always smiling and not liking to see that ugly unreadable expression s looking at.

We sit on the balcony chairs for a few moments and then he turns to me. “Thank you,” he finally says.

“For what?” I asked a bit puzzled.

“For being my world, and for being yourself,” I look back at him, and there is a softness in his eyes. His eyes glistened in the light. I look down at my lap, afraid if I stare any longer, I’ll ruin his beauty.

"I missed you so much, I wanted so badly to give up." There was it when my heart panged, guilt.

"But it made me feel warm and protected inside, I knew you weren't dead I knew you wouldn't just leave me." But what if I did want to go? What if I didn't want to stay with you just to have my freedom back?

"I missed when you'd let me cuddle you whispering in your ears everything that I dread it made me break down my walls for you so you would come around for as long as you pleased"

"I missed how you understood every problem of mine and never leave my side." If only I could undo what I have done a year ago and not go on that plane maybe things would have been different and we wouldn't be in this situation, suffering.

"There were long nights when I am taunted by voice, the voices blamed me for your death and there was nothing I could do but listen and stay awake until the voices were gone."  His eyes held the same guilt I had seen the first time we've met eyes after long years. He would still blame himself for all of this incident but it was indeed his fault.

"There's one thing Laura, why? Why didn't you come back home," I glared at him and scoffed, the anger didn't go unnoticed in his tone and his tensed shoulders. I'm even more confused about why he asks this; he asked for a divorce, then ask for me to leave. "Why didn't you just come back home? And even if you didn't want to return home why didn't you tell me you were pregnant before you left?" I shook my head standing up tears rolling down my face, his cold hands came intact with my wrist pulling me back down, The simple touch sent a wave of butterflies coursing through my veins, their fluttering wings easing the dread that had settled inside of me. He looks deep down in my eyes demanding an answer.

"I didn't know that I was and if I did knew you think I wouldn't say anything, it's not that easy," My shoulders shook with grief, my cheeks damped by the tears that were streaming down. The twins kept me alive and well, reminding me about the days I was once near him and behind closed doors, the memories of how he hurt me resurfaced my. "I thought you'd take her away from me you know since you married," I said between chuckles the remaining tears in my eyes still flowing. "You've managed to break my heart and still I'd run back to you given any risk at hands because. I didn't stop love you."

"I'm so sorry, I know its priceless at this given moment but I'm sorry for everything, I thought I could solve everything but even if I'm the strongest man on Earth I couldn't stop what was coming my dear so please let me try for us, for our family to not get destroyed again. I can't bear the pain alone so let me be here even if it's meaning to give up everything for you too I will." With one rough hand under my chin, he angles my face toward him and kissed away the tears.

Taking his index finger he slides it under try chin and moves my head upwards so I could meet his gaze. Although his eyes were soft, I notice the feelings behind them, as if he were longing for something.

He touches his forehead to mine, and I feel a warmth. One that I’ve never experienced before. It fills my body, from head to toe, invigorating me and filling me with a passion and hope that is powerful. He leans his head closer to me and his lips meet mine. Gentle but passionate, he presses his lips into my lips. The world around me slowed, so I could be at this moment.

My heart flutters, and I kiss back, cherishing the moment and Vincent. His lips are soft and warm. He puts his hand on the back of my head, pulling me closer to him as if to close the little space that was between us. This kiss that we shared was nothing lustful but all of everything that we've been through was bottled in that one moment.

I lay my head on his shoulder and even though I’m still filled with the warmth from the kiss, I shiver.
"You cold?" He asks but doesn’t give me time to answer. He takes the blanket from off the table wrapping it around my shoulder. We sit together at that moment and don’t say a word for it is too precious to ruin.

I stared into the rising sun, its rays burning my eyes. I don't look away. My eyes are glued to the beautiful pink and orange color the sky was. I had never watched it like this. I never noticed its beauty.

"Beautiful isn't it love?" Caressing my arm with his thumb he addresses the scenery his eyes not leaving the view infront him, I hummed in agreement when I heard small footsteps emerging.

"Dad!" Venice's voice called out, in an instant she was in front of me smiling it'll be a few days then she'll turn two she's growing so fast. "Hello mother," Vincent chuckled putting her in his lap. "Someone's up early," I said receiving a kiss from Venice.

"Mom I'm hungry" Vince wines stepping foot on the balcony holding on to the walls looking out, I ruffled his hair gaining one of his glares. "I'll get him them something doesn't worry," with one last kiss he lifts Venice in his arm and grabbing Vince hand leaving.

Guess it's just me alone.