9: Clint/Others

This chapters features a POV from both Maria Hill and Natasha Romanoff, they will be in third person and Clint's will stay in 1st.

Clint

Our first step was finding out where Logan was and that turned out to be harder than we originally thought. Cause who would've guessed that SHIELD had over 268 containment facilities located in the US and Canada alone. And we had no idea where to start. The only way to narrow down the search was to check and see which facility could accommodate people with powers. Which helped a bit considering there were only 145 that could and 78 of them were in the US. The facilities were usually quite small or underground or nearly impossible to find with an average map. You needed radar and the right know how or even what you were actually looking for. We had a vague idea and nothing to help us since it wasn't like we could ask for help from SHIELD. Or could we?

"Hello?" I inquired into my phone after it woke me up at five in the morning.

I was staying in a hotel downtown since I wasn't welcome at the tower and had just barely gotten to sleep.

"Agent Barton, it's Maria Hill. I heard about what your planning in regards to a Ms. Logan Green."

Shit, that can't be good.

Maria was a trained field agent and Fury's right hand woman, she was the last person that I wanted to know about this. Cause if Maria knew than Fury likely knew as well.

"I have no idea what you mean," I informed, deciding that playing dumb was my best option.

"Yes you do," she deadpanned and I cursed, sitting up in bed before running a hand down my face.

"Who told you?" I inquired and she chuckled.

"Agent Romanoff sounded very suspicious last night when she started mentioning containment facilities that can accommodate people with powers," Maria informed while I glared at the wall.

Nice going Nat.

"Am I gonna get arrested?"

"No, I want to help."

I pulled the phone away from my ear and checked to make sure it was actually Maria Hill phoning. It was unlike her to disobey Fury...or anyone for that matter.

"Can I ask why?"

"Logan had the chance to kill me three years ago and she didn't. She actually ended up killing the assassin that I didn't even know was after me. I know and you know that she doesn't deserve to be locked up in some facility. So...I wanna get her out."

I stared at the wall in shock, still trying to figure out if I was talking to the right Maria.

"I have to admit that I'm surprised. You always pegged me as someone who'd do nothing but follow orders, especially Fury's," I informed and she chuckled, a sound that surprised me.

"Not if they're wrong."

I grinned, loving the fact that we had an actual, trusted SHIELD agent on our team. If anyone could find Logan then it's Maria Hill.

"Perfect, now, do you know where Logan is?" I inquired and the line went silent. "Agent Hill?"

"I don't know where she is and can't look without causing an alarm. But I do have a clue."

"Anything is fine," I assured, at least grateful we had something.

"There's only one facility in the US that currently has a mind reader in their database," she informed and I grinned, knowing that was huge. "Though there's only one problem."