10: Logan

You're welcome...that's all I have to say. Also, I hope the picture gives you somewhat of a clue.

1 Month Later

I was completely and utterly fucked.

Like emphasis on both the completely and the utterly and even the fucked.

I was sitting in the bathroom, staring at a stick that just altered my entire future. I had no clue if it was for the better or the worse, all I knew was that I needed someone to talk to and that person couldn't be Clint. So I phoned the closest thing I had to a girlfriend...Natasha Romanoff.

"Hello?" she inquired, her tone skeptic.

I let out a loud sigh and nearly dropped the phone before shakily bringing it back up to my ear.

"Hey Nat, it's Logan. We need to talk and in person," I told her and could tell that the agent was likely frowning at her phone, horribly confused.

"Uh...Why?"

"I can't tell you. What I can tell you is that Clint is going to a few towns over in an hour and won't be back till late. Can you come by?"

Nat hesitated before letting out a sigh herself, causing me to smile.

"I'll be there but I definitely want a thorough explanation," she demanded and I nodded knowing that was fair.

"Don't worry, I'll talk your ear off," I assured and let out a nervous laugh. "Thank you."

"Anytime, I'll see you soon."

With that she hung up and I was back to freaking out and nearly puking like I had been moments before. I had been nauseous for weeks and didn't think anything of it until that morning when I woke up and could barely stand. My head was throbbing, my intestines were throbbing and every food item made me want to puke. That was when I knew something was wrong, that was when I trekked over to the nearest drug store in town and bought the stick. I hurried back, peed on it and waited the few moments only to be given news that changed everything. If you haven't guessed the news by now then there must be something wrong with you.

"Logan?" Clint inquired and I could hear the worry in his voice.

I quickly stashed the three sticks in the drawer, fixed up my hair, shoved my phone in my pocket and swung open the door. I smiled at Clint while he stared at me in confusion, all dressed and ready to make the weekly supply and food run.

"I thought you left already," I said and trekked into the kitchen, trying to act like everything was normal.

Which it wasn't.

"Nope, I was just wondering if you wanted anything in particular. I checked the pantry and the cellar and they both seem pretty good so I'm just heading into Waverly. We don't need much and it's quicker than going all the way to Des Moine."

I cursed knowing I needed him out of the house for at least a few hours and it would only take twenty minutes to reach Waverly, if that. I could complain that we needed some new furniture but then I'd likely get roped into coming. There was only one way I could think of getting him out of the house and it was one that I knew he'd be annoyed by. But it would work.

"There is something I need," I informed, stopping Clint before he could grab his keys. "There was this little corner store we stopped at on the way in and it had the best homemade fudge and Australian liquorice in the whole world. I would love some more."

Clint raised a brow in thought, obviously trying to pinpoint where the worlds best fudge was located.

"Where is it?"