Chapter 3

"Eat it." Jungkook said.

Taehyung was confused. Did an alpha, a rogue alpha from whom he was warned to stay away, helped him?

Seeing the omega not respond, the alpha added, "No one can see you here. Have it."

The voice in the back of his mind resisted. He must follow his alpha. But Taehyung wanted it.

The omega was overwhelmed. This was the first time an alpha cared for him.

Someone who cared enough to go against the norm, against the pack leader fully aware that this might have bad consequences.

Thoughts were running in Taehyung's mind.

But he took it. Took a bite from the food another alpha besides his own brought.

It was just some fruits and a fish fry. But Taehyung thought it was a precious meal.

It was, in many different ways.

Taehyung knew.

" I'll bring food at night too." With that Jungkook went away.

It was after dinner. Taehyung didn't know how Jungkook was going to bring him food.

Afternoon was a different case. No doubt he would get sometime alone while cleaning up the kitchen but anyone could see it.

It was too risky. Someone might be awake. Someone might come in for a drink. Anything.

Also a mated omega to be seen with a alpha was not something the pack would take easily. No matter what they were doing.

It mighty something as innocent as sharing food  or something as big as an alpha bringing food for an omega.

No. Taehyung thought. The alpha was just being good to him. It had no other meaning.

His own mate didn't even spare him a glance. Taehyung knew Jiyong was dissapointed but so was he. His own alpha didn't defend him.

It's not like Taehyung intended the bowl of food to fall. He was hungry and tired. It was a mistake. Could have happened from anyone. It was a minor slip up.

He recalled his conversation with Jin and Sana earlier

"We are sorry Tae. We would have helped you out if we could. But the rule........" Jin said regretfully.

Taehyung sighed as he continued cleaning up.

He understood. He really did. His friends were not at fault. He would have been scared too.

Glimpses of the alpha flashed through his mind. This alpha was really different.

It wasn't his matter. It was Taehyung's. He could be punished for his actions.

He already had a bad reputation. He could be thrown out of the pack, could be lashed, could be anything.

However it did not seem like Jungkook was afraid.

_________________________

Taehyung had finished his work. He felt like he was being slow. Maybe because he was waiting.

Waiting for the food to come. It didn't.

Taehyung didn't blame the alpha. The alpha had done enough for him. For a mere omega.

He was definitely hopeful but he somehow expected it. How was the alpha even supposed to give him?

Taehyung was on the way to his small cottage when he was dragged again.