Chapter 17

The door closed just as quickly as it opened. 

The confused and scared omega helplessly gazed at Jungkook.

As an alpha and a trained warrior Jungkook had better sense of smell, “it was your friend but I can catch the scent of Jiyong-“ it calmed Taehyung a bit but “- I have to leave now”

The omega wanted to whine and protest, his heart not wanting to let go of the alpha but he knew it was not possible. “do you want to leave with me?” 

This startled Taehyung but he knew his answer, shaking his head he replied, “I cannot Jungkook. He is my mate, even though I don’t want it.”

They were both silent, but Jungkook had to leave.

“its okay. But I have to leave now. His scent is much closer now, he might get my scent.” 

With a quick peck on the lips and “I will see you soon”, Jungkook jumped out the window, leaving behind a blushing Taehyung. 

But Taehyung soon composed himself, wiping his lips and briskly putting on a little bit perfume on him and around the room to hide Jungkook’s scent. He then quickly jumped on the bed covering him with the sheets, just in time as the door opened again.

The omega quickly closed his eyes, his heart in his mouth praying to the God that he was safe.

Jiyong hastily went inside the room, eyes falling on the sleeping omega. Feeling something fishy he went to Taehyung’s side, rudely shaking him. 

Immediately Taehyung acted as if he just woke up, respectfully bowing his head, hoping it pleased the alpha. 

“you were asleep from that time?” Jiyong’s sharp voice reached his ears.

Taehyung slowly looked up, “yes alpha”

Jiyong looked around the room with a frown on his face, “yeah whatever”, but seemingly dismissed it with a click of his tongue. “are you really that tired? Sleeping all day long. God so weak”

Taehyung resisted the eye roll and bit his tongue.

“sleep sleep. I’m just here to pick up something and then I’m out again” the alpha went towards the wardrobe picking up a small bag from the down and slamming the door shut as he walked out.

Taehyung heaved a sigh of relief but his breathe got struck again as his mate entered again.

“cut down on the perfume will you? Why do you have so much on anyway?”

“just because” 

Taehyung fisted the sheets, holding his breathe, cursing himself internally for coming up with such a lame excuse. Jiyong was silent but the omega knew he hadn’t left and was processing his reply. Maybe Jiyong wasn’t as stupid and had caught on Jungkook’s scent but Taehyung still hoped that luck was on his side and maybe it was because seemed to buy his excuse and just left wordlessly.

But the omega was aware he was not out of the problem now because someone had caught them red handed and he couldn’t lie to him.

Taehyung stood up gathering the will to walk, little grunts left his mouth as he made his way towards Jin’s room.

----------------------------------------------

The omega never felt that his friend’s house was so far away from his. He huffed as felt the pain on his back. The walk probably took him fifteen minutes when it would actually hardly take five minutes even if he walks slowly. The questioning stares he got was really embarrassing him. But he had no option. 

Taehyung stood infront of the door gathering the courage to knock on the door. But the door opened suddenly and he was pulled inside. 

“Come. I was waiting for you” Jin said in a serious tone.

Taehyung never realized that hyung could really be intimidating when he wanted to be. “uhh.. hyung…hyung actually…”

“yeah hyung actually what? Speak.” Jin crossed his arms giving Taehyung an intense glare.

Not knowing what to speak, Taehyung just smiled hoping his cute face would melt his hyung’s heart and it seemed to do the work.

Good job Taetae!

The younger omega internally cheered and patted himself on the back.

Jin shoulder slumped down defeatedly.

“can’t believe you still act cute to get your way.” Jin groaned sitting down on the bed and patting it indicating Taehyung to sit down which he did.

“now tell me why Jungkook was there?” Jin scolded pulling on the younger’s ear.

“ah ah Jin hyung hurts.”

“good it should.” Jin said as he left Taehyung’s poor ears alone, “Do you know I thought I would have a seizure because of your reckless actions? Luckily I could stall Jiyong a bit and buy you guys some time or else I don’t even want to imagine what would have happened”

“ I'm sorry hyung” Taehyung said, feeling guilty for worrying his hyung but not for his actions.

“don’t be sorry Taetae………….but why was he there?”

“hehe he came to see me.” Taehyung felt warm at the thought.

“so you were not actually taking my advice……..”

“hyung… he is really nice. I know you worry about me but believe me on this. He is unlike the other alphas in our pack. I-I really do like him” Taehyung said as he thought about the incident earlier that day, his fingers lightly touching his lips, a smile naturally forming on his face, as he further added “he said he would protect me. Always.”

“goodness he is so whipped but so are you if you blushing this mad is something to go by.” Jin commented unamused, looking at Taehyung smiling sheepishly.

The younger omega reddened even more if possible, whinning, “ah hyung”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~♥~