Chapter 21

Jungkook saw from the corner of his eyes that the omega dropped on the floor. With a sudden surge of strength the alpha managed to knock out the other for the time being. 

Immediately running to the unconscious omega, he squatted down next to him and picking up on his lap. 

Jungkook was aware that their fight had attracted the pack members. And as much as the idea of just picking up Taehyung and escaping from the situation sounded appealing to him he won't do that. 

This would give neither of them peace they both so dearly chased for. And it would be unfair to omega. 

He couldn't run away with the omega without asking him first, not when he was unconscious. 

If he did that then he would be no different from Jiyong. 

This time Jungkook would leave it to Taehyung to take decision for his own life. 

And he would respect whatever the omega decides.

"Tae" Jungkook shook the omega, lightly tapping on his face, "Tae baby come on wake up"

And Taehyung did just as the pack members arrived.

"what the hell is going on here?" one of the alphas asked, "Jungkook are you harassing an omega of our pack?" his tone menacing.

Both Taehyung and Jungkook stood up, still silent, not responding to their accusations. The alpha immediately came to stand defensively in front of the nervous omega. 

"oh look Jiyong is knocked out!" someone shouted from his position crouching down beside the said alpha. 

"the fuck you are doing-" the chief sighed "leave this.  You will be bounded and taken to the head alpha. He will decide how to punish you."

No. No they cannot take him away. 

His heart dropped at the thought. In a flash Taehyung pushed Jungkook to the side, coming out from his position in the back. 

"it was Jungkook who was protecting me. Jiyong was harassing me ever since we mated!"

Jungkook was taken by surprise. He thought maybe the omega would not be able to manage to speak the truth infront of others but he clearly underestimated the omega. 

Jungkook could see, in the rapid rising and falling of the other's chest, fist clenched, his eyes wide and directly staring down the chief, that this time the fight was not between Taehyung's head and heart.  This time it was a fight between him and the world.

And he would always be by his side. 

The alpha was filled with a sense of pride at that. His omega was standing up for himself.

Yeah his omega. 

"Stop talking omega. You were not given the permission to." the chief responded harshly.

"I don't need anyone's permission"

Taehyung retorted. Shock was evident on everyone's face. For the first time in the pack an omega had not only talked back but also defied pack norms. 

Jungkook could see the alphas fuming. 

Before things got out of the hand and someone said something to break the omega's new found courage and spirit he intervened.

"chief we will go to the pack house and talk directly to the head alpha." 

"shut it. how dare a rogue command us to do something!"

Jungkook was bored hearing the same old thing. He was tired of it being used against him everytime. 

"don't you dare call him rogue!" Taehyung screamed.

Jungkook was stunned.

Taehyung's eyes were gleaming blue, a thing that happened only when intense emotions were felt. 

The silence was eerie. 

If things went this way, it would not end well. 

Jungkook could see that although everyone had a pocket face, shock and anger was evident.

The sweet sweet omega who was always kind and polite to everyone came to defend him. 

His heart wasn't beating fast but for the first time it was calm. It was as if everything was alright and it was to be honest. 

The person he loved, loved him back. 

----------------------------------------------

"you whore of a omega! Kneel"

Came the alpha's order which Taehyung had to follow. 

Suddenly  all of his confidence was gone. His knees buckled as he tried to resist, to deny the alpha order but in vain.

He was about to fall on his knees in front of everyone,  when a very familiar protective hand came to hold him and just like that he was again starting to gain a hold over himself.

He knew he was not alone. No matter what his alpha would protect him. 

I did it. I disobeyed the alpha order. 

It's something new.

Although his inner omega seemed afraid but Taehyung was not surprised to find that he was pleased for what he did. Even his omega couldn't handle being disregarded anymore. 

"You bitch! You are denying an alpha's order! Head alpha with deal with you low lifes. Alphas go get both of them." the chief sneered, his face red, because of his hurt pride and anger. 

Few of the alphas marched forward but before anyone could get them another group of alpha rushed to step protectively infront of them. 

It was Jungkook's friends. 

"Don't step closer, it would have consequences." Namjoon stated.

Taehyung had never felt this.  

The feelings of having so many people by his side. He took in how they stood tall and strong, hands crossed defensively over their chest, covering Jungkook and him. 

Jungkook was really lucky to have such friends. Friends who stood by his side bravely.

And they said to stay away from them.

"Of course. The rogues."

"Jungkook and Taehyung have decided to go and talk directly to the head alpha. We will go by ourselves. No one come at us."

Namjoon announced, ignoring the useless comeback, his voice holding so much authority making it difficult to argue. 

"very well. But no running away on the way"

Jimin turned to them his hand gesturing to move along. 

As they all started towards the pack house, Taehyung could only think about one thing.  

Now what?

----------------------------------------------

~♥~