Epilogue

“are you ready baby?”

Jungkook asked as he extended his hand for his mate to take. Pulling him closer to himself, he entangled his hand with his omega, his other hand holding two baskets.

They were quite heavy and it was tiresome to hold it in one hand but that’s okay because in the other he has holding his most precious thing. His everything, his entire world, his mate.

Taehyung.

“Jungkookie do you want me to give you a hand.”

“no baby. Its not that heavy.”

“is that so? Then….. catch me” and with that the omega ran ahead of him, looking over his shoulder with sparkly eyes and giggled mischievously.

Jungkook could have easily caught him. But it was no fun.

Fun is when he watch his little omega laugh heartily as he did all those endearing things. It made his heart happy to see him happy and healthy. 

“I’m coming!”

Jungkook ran behind him but not too fast. He didn’t want Taehyung to get tired or hurt.

The day the omega’s previous mate bond broke was ironic for him. He was relieved and happy no doubt but it was a nightmare to see the omega in such pain.

Taehyung was treated immediately but there was no medicine for heart break. His inner omega was mourning the rejection of his mate.

Jungkook was there for him as much as he could. Wiping his sweat and tears, holding ice packs for him, feeding him and bathing him. But his heart ached to see his lover writhing in such sheer pain. 

Jiyong too was bed ridden. His alpha almost dying from inflicting such pain on both his omega which he could no longer call his own and himself. But he managed to get himself together. They had heard that he has mended his ways and so has the pack. 

Taehyung has wanted to leave the pack and start new at another one and who was Jungkook to deny his wishes? 

He along with his friends left the pack. But what was surprising for him was that Taehyung’s friends too had come along, claiming that family never leave each other’s side.

Jungkook was grateful that both he and Taehyung have friends that would love them unconditionally. 

Taehyung and his friends had a tearful departure from their pack with many promise to visit them time to time.

But they soon got over their sadness of leaving their familiarity when they arrived at the new pack, a pack which has a reputation for having modern mindset. Everybody welcomed them warmly and it was very easy to settle and adjust there.

 It was no surprise for them when Jin and Namjoon mated. What was surprising was when Sana and Hoseok announced that they had been dating ever since Hoseok joined the pack.

“we are here finally” Jungkook said as they saw their destination in the field of their eyesight.

The place where it all started.

The waterfall.

“Jungkookie” Taehyung said, a nostalgic note in his voice.

“yes angel”

But Taehyung didn’t respond. He just walked and sat on a place. The place where Taehyung was seated when Jungkook and him talked for the first time. Taehyung patted near him for Jungkook to come.

“alpha.”

Both of them remained silent for a long time just basking in the sunlight and enjoying the peaceful and serene atmosphere.