02: Bad News

"Ahh! New day, new blessings to come. Good Morning, everyone!"

I quickly get out of my room and went directly to the balcony in my room, facing the beauty of nature. We're living near to the beach. It's wind is so refreshing.

Then, I decided to go downstairs. Just by walking down at the stairs, I can already smell the aroma of...

"Pasta!" I said excitedly.

"Oh! God, you surprised me," mom said, I just laughed at her reaction. "Good morning, Baby Chaeyoung-ah!" she said.

"Eomma! I'm not a baby anymore." I said then act as a sad kitten.

"Well, that's the point. Your not a kid anymore, and we, your mom, think that it's time for you to look outside and be free." A voice said at my back, it's my dad. I can easily determine his voice.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"We set you on an arranged marriage, look, we think this is the right time and what we are doing is for your future." Dad stated.

"No parent doesn't like their child to not experience freedom. And so, me and your dad, decided to set an arranged marriage for you."

"But, What will be my future if I am married to the man I don't love? Isn't that useless? You told me to listen to others opinions first."

"No, it's not, cause after you get married. There will be many benefits, we will have a half share of their company."

"So...you mean you are using me for fame and money?"

"No, no, honey. We could and will never do that to you." Mom cried, she was about to hold my hand but it's too late.

I am already running back to my room, while tears are falling in my eyes. I heard dad called me, but I didn't even hesitate to look. I entered my room and kinda slam the door, then locked it.

I never felt this worthless before! They're using me to get the half shares of the other companies.

They have been always like that! And now they're using me? Not me, I don't want to have that kind of situation the same to my sister, Andi.