12

KUNIMI POV

After practice I was dragged by L/n to some place.

"Are you kidnapping me?" I jokingly asked. She didn't answer. She just lead me to some place. It was near school about a 5 minute walk.

We made it inside this store and holy-

"Kuni let's adopt." She said. My eyes widened but she goes to the fish tanks. She looked at them like she was their last hope at a good life.

"How did you get this idea?" I asked. She just shrugged.

"Like at school we both have to take that stupid parenting thing. So it got me thinking, a fish is just like a child." She said while pointing the tank.

I roll my eyes and call over a worker.

L/n then paid for her fish and walked with me down the path.

"Do they have a name?" I ask. She squints then exhaled sharply.

"Gilbert."

"Perfect." I say. So Gilbert looked extremely actually he looked like a regular fish.

We made it her house and she had Gilbert in her hands. She had the most childish grin on her face.

At least she is happy.

"See you tomorrow Kuni~" She said going into her house. I waved back and walked to my own house.

I made it back home all tired. It feels like L/n supplies my energy by just talking to me.

Reminds me of my parents in a way. My dad being the ray of sunshine in my moms very cloudy personality.

"I'm home." I say taking off my shoes. I see my little sister on the couch watching some tv.

"How was practice?" She asked. She is basically a personality copy of my dad.

"It was fine I guess."

"Who is the girl?" She asked. How the-

"I saw the messages on your phone." I rolled my eyes and look at her.

"Why would you look-"

"Because I was bored." I groan already knowing this is gonna go on forever.

"You know what you need to make friends."

"I have friends Akira."

"Still." I said walking to my room. I plop on my bed trying to relax.

I look on my shelf to see past memories of my younger self. Like my first tae kwon doe tournament. My last middle school volleyball game. Plus pictures of my family.

But now it's about the future.

"AKIRAAAA." Oh crap.

YOUR POV

Gilbert is so cute.

But not as cute as Kuni-

I mean uh not as cute as... nvm.

It's too loud at home. I kept getting headaches even if I try to do anything.

I stepped out of the house trying not to disturb anyone. On the plus side we were running out of eggs.

I walked to the store trying to rush a bit so I can make it back before dark.

The store wasn't that far anyway. I admired the rocks on the way. Yeah it sounds lame but it's better than looking at a blank wall.

I made it to the store trying to find the eggs. How come they didn't tell me when I was coming back from school?

I went to the back to the refrigerators are and searched for the eggs.

"Do you need help?" It was a shop worker who had noticed I was looking confused.

"Oh- I Uh no. No thank you." I said stuttering. The worker nods and leaves me.

"L/n I didn't know you were so nervous." A voice said. I squealed and jumped back just to see Michy with strawberries.

"Don't just do that dummy." I said pushing her away. She laughed at me being startled.

"Sorry." I proceeded to by the eggs I came for and exited with Michy.

"So you and Kunimi Huh?" She said while nudging me.

"What?"

"You know what I'm talking about." It then punched me in the gut.

"What n-no no way!" I say gripping onto the egg carton. My face felt hot and I wanted to run. She started laughing and patted my back.

"Now you know how I felt." She said. How stupid am I??

"Ha now you are gonna be a emotional mess." She pointed  out.

"You look like you need to tell me something." I said trying to change the subject. But turns out she did. She showed me a pic of her boyfriend with his hair down.

I can't even explain the feeling of how shook I was. So the turnip hair isn't natural.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I made it back home with the eggs in hand. My brother was in his room and my mom was not home yet.

I sighed and put the eggs back in the fridge and went to my room.

I showered and changed into pajamas.

God I'm tired

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I woke up the next day and changed for school. Wait I forgot it was Saturday thank the lords.

I stood up to feed Gilbert the. Texted Kuni.

Me: lets hang out at my house
Kuni: ok

Damn why is he so blunt. I still think he amazing anyway.