17

"MOOMMMM Akira is sleeping on the couch again." I groaned at the voice. I get up from the couch rubbing my eyes.

"Fine I'm up." I groaned. Yasu snickered and sat on the couch.

I can't even have peace on a Saturday.

"Akira go to Grandma Lees house." My mom said from the door.

"Me and Yasu already went today. But for her please give her a visit." She said while putting down her bag.

I nod because I really love Grandma Lee and my mom probably told her I was going. I would hate to disappoint.

L/n: are you busy?
Me: no why
L/n: I'm bored and have nothing to do
Me: meet me outside

I saw L/n walk down the street. I gave her a wave as she catches up to me.

"So what are we doing?"

"Going to my grandmas." I said practicing sign on the way.

"That's sweet of you." She said with a giggle.

We walked there and made it to a painted white house with flowers at the front.

I knocked on the door while L/n was at my side.

My grandma opened the door with a smile seeing me.

(Bold is Korean)

"Oh Akira nice to see you!" My grandma said while giving me a hug.

"You are already way to tall. What are you a basketball player?" She laughed off. She then saw L/n confused.

"Oh I knew it you found a girlfriend." She said making me blush.

"No no she is one of my friends." I say back. L/n looked at me with furrowed brows.

"She only speaks Korean." I said shrugging. L/n nods and squeaks out a little hi.

"Y-you are pretty." My grandma said in her best Japanese possible.

"Oh uh thank you." She stammered our. My grandma smiled at her the looked at me

"I understand why you like her." She said making me off guard. My face breaks out in a blush as my grandma laughed at me

"HaHa you are just like your grandpa. Such a ladies man he was. You have his looks." She said while touching my face. I smiled slightly but my grandma seemed a bit off.

"Akira you should smile more. You are always with a blank face." I rolled my eyes as she fixed my hair.

"G-go see Shoko." My grandma said in her best English. L/n looked at me with a small smile. I lead her to the garden where a picture of my grandpa Shoko was at.

"Oh Kuni I'm sorry for your loss." L/n said with a small frown. There was incense and a bonsai by it.

"He hasn't passed. He is in Korea for work." I said with a small smile. L/n looked embarrassed but looked at the picture.

"Dang you really look like him." She was right. I had his same dark eyes and pale skin.

"You think so?"

"Yeah."

"Do you guys want tea?" My grandma said from behind us scaring me and L/n.

"Kuni your grandma is so quiet. I see where you get it." L/n said while scratching the back of her head.

"Akira feed Demu for me." My grandma said as she fixed her garden.

"Who is Demu?" L/n asked me. Demu is a family favorite.