CHAPTER 7

Raunak's POV

We reached home. I stop the car and  looked at her and she is still sleeping like a child. Tear stains are still there on her cheeks. It hurts me when I saw her tears. She was heartbroken and it broke me too. It took me a lot of effort to calm her. And finally she fell asleep in my arms. I tried to wake her but she is a heavy sleeper. I sighed and took her in arms in bridal style and  went towards our room.

After reaching there I placed her on the bed and covered her with the blanket. I set beside her and caressed her cheek. "I promise you Divya, whoever is behind these rumours, I will find them and punish them." I said and kissed her forehead. I went towards the balcony and took out my phone and called my P.A.

"Hello... Sir." He said from the other side. "Do whatever is required, spend as much money as required, bribe them or give them any other hot news but stop this news from spreading any further. I can't let Divya suffer the hatred of everyone.... And one more thing.... Find that person who spread these kind of rumours about Divya." I said with gritted teeth and hang up.

End of POV

Meanwhile in another mention. A lady was pacing in the hall and looking at her phone time to time. After sometime her phone started to ring she looked at the screen and quickly pick it up. "Hello did you do what I have asked you for?" She asked. "Yes... Ma'am... I did exactly what you said. You can check yourself." The person replied from the other side. Hearing this she hung the call and check the news headlines on her phone. A smile crept up on her lips reading the news.

On the other side Raunak was sitting on the chair in balcony when his phone buzzed. Seeing  the notification he clicked on it.

"The real reason behind the replaced bride of Raunak Khanna has been revealed."

"Divya Agarwal was a victim."

"My Agarwal runs away with her boyfriend before marriage."

Raunak's POV

I was happy that now nobody is blaming Divya but I am also angry on my PA for revealing this truth. I know that I am angry on Myra but I can't defame her like this whatever happened it is our personal matter. I dialed his  number and he immediately pick up the phone. "Why the hell you do that. I told you to clear Divya's name but I did not say that you can reveal this." Raunak scolded him. "Sir... I... I didn't do that." He replied hesitantly. "What?... If you are not behind this then who did that?" I asked him shocked. " Sir... I don't know but I will find out." He said. "Ok... But you have only two days to find out.... Got it." I said sternly. "Ok sir." He said and I hung up.

I went inside and lay down on the  couch and close but sleep was away from me. I was feeling restless thinking about the events happened in last few hours.

__________________

Next morning.

Divya's POV

I woke up and look at my surroundings. I was in my room but... How? I remember I was in the car with him. He must have carried me till here. I looked at him. He was sleeping at the couch. It must be very uncomfortable for him to sleep on the couch he have to bear so much because of me. I got up from the bed and went towards him. I sat in front of the couch. I remember what happened last night. If he was not there with me I don't know what would have happened to me. I am thankful to him. I am so lucky to have him. The way he protect me last night, the way he scolded those reporters, the way he announced me as his wife it increases the respect for him in my heart. I got up from there and went to washroom.

I came out of the washroom and look at the couch but he was not there. He must be downstairs. Thinking this I got ready and went downstairs.