Chapter 16

Raunak's POV

I entered the conference room and there HE was... My buddy.... Listening the sound of the door he stood up and turn towards me.... I didn't wait for another second I ran towards him and hugged him tightly....HE was shocked by my this action but composed himself and slowly wrapped his hands around me.... A small tear drop slipped from my eye... I know I was behaving like a child but what to do.... HE was everything to me when I was away from my family... He became my family....

We slowly parted from each other and I looked at HIM.... After so many years HE was there in front of me.....

"Raunak.... Are you crying?" He asked wiping the drops which betrayed my eyes when I tried to stop them....

"Veere from when did you become a cry baby huh?.... If I am not wrong you were the one who used to call me a cry baby.... And now you yourself became one...." HE said and started to laugh holding his stomach....

"Maybe... From the day you left me alone at their without even saying a goodbye...." I replied to which HE instantly stopped and composed HIMSELF.... HE looked at me with a blank  face but didn't try to utter a word.

"What happened to you that day.... What was the reason for leaving school like that huh?" I asked HIM... But he didn't reply.... HE just sat there calmly... By not getting any reply I continue....

"Tell me... Tell me VANSH... I am waiting for your answer.... I am waiting from that day till now...
Please... Veere.... Tell me.... What was the reason that you left everything behind like that.... You didn't even came back for once..." I urged him to say but he remained quite.... His calmness was scaring me... But the next words from his mouth just shook me from inside....

"They... left me...my parents... They left me in this cruel world alone.... " He said with the same expressionless face... But his eyes were screaming with pain which he wanted to hide.

"You.... Remember that was my birthday.... We were so happy.... You all gave me  that surprise party.... I was so glad.... But my happiness didn't last long... We were enjoying when peon uncle came to me and told me that someone from my family came.... I was excited.... I thought Papa had came there to wish me.... But what I got was unexpected.... I went to the warden's office to get the worst present of my life... Instead of my father... Vivek uncle one of my father's childhood friend and our neighbor was there with the news of my fathers death.... I was numb at my place I don't know what happened after that... I wasn't in my senses....I only came back to my senses when I saw my sister... My little angel there...she was crying, holding mumma... I was also broken but I had to be strong for them for my little baby... And for my mother... But that wasn't it... You know on the Same day... within  some hours I lost my mother too... " He said and slowly tears made there way down from his eyes....

I went to him and hugged him.... I didn't have any idea that he went through so much.... It must be so difficult for him..... To pretend to be strong when he himself was broken from inside.....

After sometime he broke the hug and wiped his tears... He again wear that expressionless mask to hide his pain.

For sometime we both were silent... Both of us didn't utter a single word.... I don't have words to say anything anymore.... Same was the case with him...

"So... Tell me how are you... I heard you got married?... How is she huh!" He said with a mischievous smile to lighten the atmosphere.

"Oh... Yeah. She is good... I heard you also got married and if I am not wrong you married Myra right? " I said and for a second... I might be wrong but he wasn't pleased on the mentioning of Myra... But soon he plastered it with a smile or should I say fake smile....